MORE THAN A JOB, A CHANCE TO LEAD A MOVEMENT.
WHEN YOU JOIN ICEBREAKER, YOU JOIN A COMMUNITY.
We’re a community of passionate, authentic and adventurous achievers bringing quality, natural performance apparel to the world, ethically and sustainably. In 1995 we pioneered the merino performance apparel industry from New Zealand’s windy little capital. Today, we’re a global brand with teams in New Zealand, Australia, USA, Canada, Germany, France and Switzerland. Together we’re pushing the boundaries of natural fiber and stocking more than 5000 stores across 50 countries. To learn more about Icebreaker, click here.
Our purpose goes beyond clothing. We believe in a future based on natural alternatives. We are on a mission to help consumers rethink their relationship with clothing and drive a movement to natural apparel. We care about our relationships with nature and each other. We’re a fast moving, nimble business – the people on our team are here because they want to make a difference. Sustainability isn't just a feature of our products, it's in the values and design of our business.
We are looking for a skilled Creative Designer to join Icebreaker and our VF Family.
Come join our Icebreaker North America Team at VF’s new headquarters in Denver, Colorado!
Responsible for the creation of design and artwork assets for in market brand implementation referencing the supplied global brand assets and seasonal guidelines.
- Think creatively to produce new ideas and concepts for a variety of different platforms from our .com, digital channels, physical and store design – in team brainstorms or solo.
- Contribute to the copywriting process for creative impact.
- Manage the creative process by:
- Taking the brief and gathering information and materials, including desktop or field research.
- Planning concept by studying information and materials, illustrates concept by designing rough layout of art and copy regarding arrangement, size, type size and style, and related aesthetic concepts.
- Obtain approval of concept/design/artwork by submitting through department approval process.
- Prepares final layout by marking and pasting up finished copy and art into digital or print specs.
- Completes projects by coordinating with internal and externals resources.
Digital design & print artwork:
- Work with a range of media, across multiple marketing channels, in multiple languages and in a variety of formats.
- Utilize global supplied templates and guidelines from the brand asset management system ‘The Staion’ for print and digital channels, specifically; websites, emails, banners, social, event graphics, reports, presentations, brochures, product workbooks, print advertising, retail windows, in-store collateral, in-store POS, print posters, PowerPoint presentations, promotions.
- Product accurate artwork assets and project manage the production of digital assets as required to hand-off for coding.
- Photography retouching, with complex retouching outsourced.
- Design impactful and effective marketing collateral through creative that is on brief, on brand, and delivers expected ROI.
- Managing the relationship with the icebreaker preferred printer, supply artwork to specs, deliver approved files to print partners & manage the production process to final delivery of collateral.
- Advise on print specs in line with brand guidelines – materials, paper weights and stock.
- Working with internal teams from the global eBlast marketing manager to the global digital coding team, deliver digital assets.
- Manage the budget provided for each production project.
Brand excellence & Brand guardian; champion the brand guidelines and have a keen eye on all creative assets to ensure they meet guidelines:
- Quality execution.
- Apply global brand identity guidelines, typography, photography, color and to create on-brand materials.
- Proofreading to produce accurate and high-quality work.
- Project management of multiple projects with focus on:
- Track all incoming projects and assign resource & priority to ensure the delivery of projects on time, on brief and on budget.
- Estimating the time required to complete the work and communication to internal stakeholders.
- Commissioning creative talent where required & manage the contractual terms with talent.
- Keeping projects organized and on track with internal teams and external partners.
- Manage the contractor / freelance brand induction, workflow and outputs as their direct manager during term of assignment.
- Support accurate forecasting and budget tracking.
- Bachelors Degree in design or related field.
Skills, knowledge & experience:
- Equivalent of at least 1 - 2 years’ experience.
- Illustrative skills with rough sketches and working on layouts ready for print.
- Expert in the latest Adobe CC (especially Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign).
- Experience in both online and offline assets.
- Hands on knowledge of HTML and CSS.
- Copywriting interest to deliver holistic creative responses to briefs.
- Simple photography retouching skills.
- Proofing skills, strong attention to detail and proven self-checking processes.
- Great time management and prioritizing skills with the ability to meet strict deadlines and incorporate accuracy into process at all times.
- Excellent communication and record-keeping skills.
- Good understanding of the briefing, creative design and production process.
- Knows how to create and maintain strong branding and consistency in a complex market.
- Outdoor apparel industry experience.
- Active and adventurous.
- A passionate high achiever – works hard and plays hard.
- Curious, with a global outlook and strong desire to continually learn.
- A brand ambassador who is drawn in by Icebreaker’s story and inspired by the authenticity and uniqueness of the brand.
- A highly collaborative team player with presence.
- Available and able to travel both locally and overseas.
Product Design Director
Closing 26 May 2020
- San Francisco
Internship, Run/Train Apparel Design
Closing 26 May 2020
Want more Creative Designer jobs?
Want to find more Artworker jobs, Creative Artworker jobs, Graphic Designer jobs, Product Designer jobs, Digital Designer jobs, Email Designer jobs, Web Designer jobs, Packaging Artworker jobs, DTP Operator jobs, POS Designer jobs, Print Designer jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.