Creative Design Manager
Established in 1952 and online since 1999, Childrensalon is an award-winning, forward-thinking British childrenswear destination with family at its heart.
Childrensalon believes there is beauty in diversity and difference, as resembled by our wonderful team. Our vision of being the most inclusive, diverse, and humane company is very important to us as is our culture of fairness, openness, and transparency. We are committed to the career progression and advancement of every team member as well as welcoming the best external talent in the industry. Everything we do is inspired by our core values of family, creativity, innovation and heritage, still with a commitment to exceptional personal service and dressing children beautifully.
Within this role, you will lead and execute the company’s creative vision, ensuring the expression of Childrensalon in all realms is: on brand, in-line with our values, engaging, innovative, customer-focused, and supports our mission of being the best-loved childrenswear shop in the world.
Working closely with Leadership, you will gain a deep understanding of our brand identity and customer base so that you are equipped to create a clear creative vision that ensures our values and the customer are at the heart of everything we do.
Strong communication skills and the ability to be adaptable whilst highly organized are needed to thrive in this fast-paced yet exciting role.
You will be working on marketing campaigns for our own brand and other luxury designers - owning the entire journey of conceptualization through to delivery. You will have a good understanding of technology and how it can enhance the experience of engaging and shopping with our brand in the digital age.
- Managing and developing the Creative Design team, delegating work and ensuring all tasks are completed within deadlines.
- Creating engaging designs that feels authentic and relatable to our customer base and their lives as families and emphasises our brand values.
- Manage, mentor and develop your teams - proactively supporting their growth and recognizing their achievements
- Developing and implementing successful design strategies for the continual creation and improvement of brand and marketing design.
- Offering ways to improve asset management, workflow and inter-team processes, as well as all other intern processes to improve efficiency and foster creativity.
- Championing and guarding Childrensalon’s visual guidelines across all platforms and mediums, adapting the right tone for the different channels based on established needs and strategy.
- Suggesting innovative ideas to bring Childrensalon to life across our channels, driving customer growth and brand awareness in all targeted international territories.
- Working together with the Production and Images teams to create inspiring and innovative visuals for campaigns and marketing collateral.
- Working closely with the wider Creative and Marketing teams to ensure consistent and impactful campaign execution.
- Presenting design concepts to higher management and key stakeholders to inspire, build understanding and excitement.
- Supporting the creation and maintenance of Childrensalon house standards for all in-house design work.
- Stay up to date with latest media platforms and technologies and shopping trends, ensuring Childrensalon remains culturally relevant with their customers
- A deep technical knowledge of the complete design process from brainstorming to end result.
- Keen to build upon our existing culture and foster creativity.
- A brilliant eye for innovative ideas and trends.
- Thorough understanding and appreciation of brand and its connection to the customer.
- Continuous monitoring and understanding of the relevant industries, global retail environment and e-commerce trends.
- People management experience with focus on fostering a creative environment.
- Deep understanding of all departmental strategies, tools and systems to ensure alignment with overall brand messaging and business objectives.
- Effective time management and project management skills.
- Extremely well-organised, methodical and efficient, with a good dose of common sense and initiative.
- Able to articulate ideas clearly to non-designers in order to build momentum and excitement.
- Ability to give and receive critical feedback in a team environment.
This role will be hybrid with some remote working and some days based at our Head Office in Tunbridge Wells.
Childrensalon offers a highly competitive salary, company pension plan, health plan, fully subsidised gym membership, in-house yoga classes, company shuttle, generous holiday allowance and company discount.
Childrensalon is an equal opportunity employer and is determined to ensure that no applicant or team member receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, age, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation, marital status, or race.
If you are interested and think you would thrive in this role, please apply.
Other jobs you may be interested in
Graphic Designer - Game
Closing 8 December 2023
- Frasers Group
Lifestyle Graphic Designer
Closing 30 November 2023
- TUI Group
Closing 11 December 2023
- Electronic Arts
- Guildford, Southam, Birmingham
£40,000 to 45,000 per annum
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.