Frasers Group, Sports Direct are currently looking for a Creative Copywriter to join us at our Head Office in London. We started as a small store in Maidenhead in 1982 and from there, grew to become a global powerhouse. We believe the higher the risk, the greater the reward. We’ve never been afraid to strive forward and change the way the industry operates, diversifying our portfolio and elevating stores. We’re not sitting back – there’s no room for hesitation. As a PLC with a £4bl turn over, this opportunity to grow your career in a fast paced and dynamic environment is one for the bold.
OVERVIEW OF ROLE:
Working in partnership with the Head of Content and Senior Marketing Managers, the creative copywriter will ideate, develop, and deliver a mixture of copy formats all guided by the newly developed Sports Direct brand strategy and tone of voice across key sports including Football, Running, Training and more. Formats and channels will include campaign ideation and messaging, organic and paid social copy, brand proposals and in some cases supporting the Lead Editor across the Sports Direct blog for key sporting or reactive moments.
THIS ROLE IS RIGHT FOR YOU IF...
You are sports-obsessed and looking for an opportunity to join an energetic, hungry creative team that believe in keeping it simple whilst delivering great work. Like the idea of producing something that people don’t believe has come from a brand like Sports Direct? Then this is the role for you - we’re on a mission to change the way people look at Sports Direct and that means disrupting the norm, daily!
You’re sick and tired of a 9-5 pm day? This is a flexi-role that can require working on key sports fixtures and moments that fall outside of traditional office hours so a suitable candidate must be a whiz on Whatsapp and willing to be reactive when required.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILTIES:
- Interpret creative briefs to develop and produce creative concepts through execution on assigned brands whilst working with the marketing and creative team driven by insight shared from the senior strategist and yearly marketing laydown.
- Understand your target audience - you're not writing for the client, you're writing for their readers, so you'll need to know what interests them
- Writing high-engagement social media content that reflects the brand voice and tonality.
- Help write and edit scripts with the directors and video team
- Reviewing and editing campaign proposal decks developed by you and the team ahead of sharing with our key brand partners (Nike, adidas, Puma, Under Armour).
- Producing punchy and disruptive OOH copy concepts for a mixture of formats including 48 & 6 sheets as part of wider campaigns and reactive moments.
- Re-writing and updating information on websites and in company materials
- Write original copy and edit content for a range of internal marketing and communications materials.
- Edit your own and others’ writing.
- Strong listening skills, so that you can understand what the business needs/wants and effectively develop a project brief
- Excellent writing ability, including the ability to write in different styles and to other people's direction
- Good research and analytical skills to gain an accurate understanding of the subject in question
- Excellent organizational skills: You need to be highly organized to manage multiple projects simultaneously and to a high standard and often to tight deadlines.
- A creative approach, both in coming up with ideas for new projects and for getting a message across innovatively
- The ability to work independently and flexibly with a positive can-do mentality
- Excellent attention to detail, including the ability to proofread your own and others' work.
A STRONG CULTURAL FIT:
- We’re an energetic team looking for a new squad member who can keep up!
- Fundamental that you have a solution-orientated mindset.
- Sport is a daily part of our lives and the successful candidate should have a passion for keeping active and up to date with what’s happening in the sporting landscape.
- Wallflower’s need not apply!
Other jobs you may be interested in
Closing 8 December 2021
- Adecco Global IM
Closing 15 December 2021
- Momentum Worldwide
- perm, remote, temp to perm
Closing 8 December 2021
- Landor & Fitch
Want more Creative Copywriter jobs?
Want to find more Copywriter jobs, Digital Copywriter jobs, Content Author jobs, Content Executive jobs, Content Manager jobs, Writer jobs, Copy Editor jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.