Creative Artworker - £25k
A leading food retailer are looking for a Creative Artworker to join their in-house team, You will need to deliver high quality art working and pre-press services with support from the Studio Manager. You will also be required on occasions to work up design concepts under the art direction of the studio manager alongside their artworking role.
Responsible for ensuring high levels of quality and productivity at all times. Possess excellent customer services skills and be confident when dealing with clients. Working with all members of the on and off-site studio and third-party print teams they will deliver against artwork and pre-press briefs, Input into and deliver solutions and be versatile in operational activities, meeting all quality, deadline and productivity targets.
Working closely with the Studio Manager, they will be expected to;
* Use their excellent layout, typography skills to produce a range of corporate material within brand guidelines
* Use their pre-press and print knowledge to ensure all files are correctly set up for print before leaving the studio
* Suggest solutions to meet clients' brief if it's unclear
* Have a very good eye for detail
* Deliver all work to a high level of accuracy, checking amends have been actioned
* Work as part of the team
* Liaise directly with clients when appropriate
* Manage their time and resources effectively
* Be able to work on their own initiative & bring creative ideas to the table
* Support the team in any business development initiatives
* Delivering high-quality artwork and layouts within corporate guidelines and to approved briefs, budgets and timescales
* Working with the Studio Manager to answer client queries and to advise the client on the best solutions to their visual requirements
* Carrying out thorough pre-press checks to files generated within the studio and by external agencies to ensure optimum production and the highest quality output
* Working with images to ensure appropriate colour profiling and suitability for print
* Demonstrating excellent art working and pre-media skills, generating high client confidence
* Adhering to studio workflow processes and best practice in all day-to-day activities. Proactively offering process improvement and recommendations to the Studio Manager
* Proactively managing own workflow to consistently meet or exceed target efficiency and chargeability figures
* Interacting with the on-site and off-site teams in a professional, approachable style
* Ensuring that the Studio Manager is informed about changes to a project at all stages, and advised of any additional time requirements in advance of undertaking further work to enable client approval to be sought
* Ensuring a high level of quality output, minimising job cycle rework
* Assisting the Studio Manager in investigating the causes of any team rework
* Developing an excellent knowledge of the client's brands. Proactively challenging off-brand communications internally and externally where appropriate
* Demonstrating an excellent understanding of studio workflow systems with a high propensity for local problem solving
* Channelling basic HR administration (sickness & absence etc.) to the Studio Manager
* Supporting the Studio Manager and other members of the on-site and off-site team as required
Must demonstrate technical or specialist knowledge of core software (OSX, Adobe Creative Suite, and generic studio software), and must have a full understanding of relevant services, processes, systems and procedures of design and print, in particular POS. Aptitude with regard to adoption of new technology and process is core to a business that adapts to the rapidly changing demands of its client base.
Creative Recruitment is an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate based on race, religion, gender, age, sexuality, gender identification, or physical ability.
Closing 5 January 2019
- £35,000 to 40,000 p/a
Junior Digital Creative Artworker
Closing 5 January 2019
- £2,000 to 23,000 p/a
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.