Corporate Communications Executive for Discovery Communications
The Corporate Communications Executive is responsible for supporting Discovery UK’s corporate communications team including media relations, digital communications, CSR, event management, reporting, coverage evaluation and internal communications.Discovery is a major commercial broadcaster in the UK with 17 channels across pay and free-to-air television, reaching 29 million viewers in the UK every month. This position plays a key role in the team supporting the core goal of promoting and reinforcing the Discovery brand to stakeholders inside and outside the organisation.
- Source and draft press releases for the UK business (e.g. commissioning news, commercial partnerships, channel launches and affiliate deals).
- Manage communications calendars, identify speaking opportunities and coordinate award entries for the UK.
- Provide coverage reports for UK business announcements, and summarise key media and business news for company management.
- Assist with corporate social media communications, designing creative and copywriting materials for digital platforms.
- Maintain and update communication toolkits for the UK (e.g. press lists, biographies, boilerplates).
- Support internal and external events on an ad hoc basis.
- Provide support for UK CSR initiatives including ‘Impact Day’, a global initiative where employees volunteer their time to help local charities.
- Support the VP Communications as needed on ad hoc projects.
- Perform other duties as assigned including administrative tasks such as processing invoices.
- 2-3 years’ experience in corporate communications/PR
- A passion for the broadcast and media industries
- Fluent in English with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proactive, highly-organised and a hard-working team player
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office; additional design skills beneficial (Photoshop)
Social Media Manager
Closing 13 March 2019
Closing 20 March 2019
- Become Recruitment UK
- £30,000 to 40,000 p/a
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.