A Copywriter on the Adobe StudioTeam partners with art directors, designers, web, studio managers and marketing managers to create, iterate, and deliver marketing related to a specific segment of our Creative Cloud business.
Copywriters are responsible for overseeing and transforming product and marketing messaging into smart, effective copy that conveys program objectives, while upholding a consistent level of polish to elevate the quality of the Adobe brand and voice. Additionally, the growth teams strategize and test variations to our communications to help our marketing programs perform optimally.
What you need to succeed:
- Artistic sensibility—While copywriting is a mastery of the written word, it's important for our copywriters to have a solid aesthetic sensibility. Knowledge about design elements, especially about pairing photography concepts with words, is essential.
Management/oversight skill — Providing fast feedback and leadership to copywriting partners is an essential component of this job.
- Technical skill—Copywriting may require some technical skills to use software programs like Microsoft Word, Adobe Acrobat, or Adobe InDesign. Writers may also need to learn how to use web content management software to assist in making basic content updates to Adobe.
- Communication ability—Copywriting is a pure form of communication, but being a copywriter requires the ability to effectively present ideas verbally. Copywriters need to be able to explain their rationale behind particular word choices when transforming product messaging into marketing copy.
- Problem-solving ability—Choosing the right words, phrasing, and tone is challenging. In order to be succeed in copywriting, writers will need to have strong problem-solving skills and understand how to convey complex subjects simply.
- In-depth domain knowledge—Shows interest and passion towards understanding Adobe products, services, and customers—specifically the domain of their space (web, print, interactive, testing, etc.). Understands the marketing campaign life cycle and is familiar with the different phases in the process.
- Eager to broaden skills and domain expertise, particularly in testing strategies.
· Ideally 3-5 years of work experience.
· Able to collaborate & leverage the knowledge of others.
· Ability to closely and effectively collaborate with the business units, campaign, functional marketing teams, and larger Studio team.
· Willing to constructively provide, receive, weigh, and integrate diverse feedback from a multi-disciplinary team.
· Able to work effectively in a fast-moving environment, both independently and collaboratively.
· Strong presentation and communication skills—required to present and communicate their copy work to others within Studio and outside.
· Presents copy in a clear, confident, professional, and cogent manner.
· Able to explain copy rationale for copy decisions to a broad audience.
· Deep experience within a discipline—Must demonstrate significant working experience and a firm understanding of their space (web, print, interactive, testing etc.).
· Ability to handle open-ended copy projects that may be ambiguous or ill-defined.
· Awareness of industry trends, and able to incorporate new techniques and informs others.
· Anticipates issues and thinks of the big picture.
· Motivated participant and design advocate—Has a presence with the marketing teams as a key contributor and proponent for effective communications to the target audience.
· Proactively identifies and communicates issues and proposes solutions.
· Works directly and collaboratively with campaign and functional marketing teams.
· Actively seeks out and involves other members as appropriate to improve the marketing program(s).
· Recognizes and takes responsibility for their impact on the marketing programs and communications.
At Adobe, you will be immersed in an exceptional work environment that is recognized throughout the world on Best Companies lists. You will also be surrounded by colleagues who are committed to helping each other grow through our unique Check-In approach where ongoing feedback flows freely.
If you’re looking to make an impact, Adobe's the place for you. Discover what our employees are saying about their career experiences on the Adobe Life blog and explore the meaningful benefits we offer.
Adobe is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace regardless of race, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
Editor, On-air Promotions
Closing 18 September 2019
- 21st Century Fox
- Los Angeles
Closing 19 September 2019
- Victorias Secret
- New York
Want more Copywriter jobs?
Want to find more Copywriter jobs, Digital Copywriter jobs, Copywriter - SEO specialist jobs, Copywriting Journalist jobs, Writer jobs, Proofreader jobs, Copy Editor jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.