Copywriter - Northern Europe (London based)
The Plum Guide is building a marketplace of the world’s best vacation homes. For real!
We are taking a systematic and obsessive approach to testing every single home on the planet, accepting only the top 1%. We do so by putting every home through The Plum Test: a gruelling hospitality exam, which uses a mix of algorithms and physical visits by hospitality experts.
We launched three years ago in London. Since then, we have grown at 15-20% month on month, expanded to six cities, vetted over 100,000 homes and are on track to reach over £25M in annualised sales. We are backed by an all-star cast investor group including Local Globe (TransferWise, OneFineStay, Citymapper), Alex Chesterman (Founder of Zoopla), William Reeve (Founder of Love Film), Alex Saint and Troy Collins (Founders of Secret Escapes), Errol Damelin (Founder of Wonga), Jason Goodman (Founder of Albion) and many more. At the end of 2017, we raised a £6M Series A round from world-class VCs Octopus Group and BGF.
We’re launching our global rollout strategy, and need to quickly systematise this machine so we can open a city a month by next year. This is where you come in.
This role is part of a London based city-launch team who will be testing the best hosts and homes in Plum’s new markets - Madrid, Barcelona and Lisbon. Once a home has passed the Plum test, you will be responsible for gathering and quality checking the output of our freelancers in each city, then transforming their work into listings that are truly inspiring. And 100% accurate.
There’s a light & a dark side to this role.
On one hand, it’s an unparalleled opportunity to become a start-up expert. You will learn how a startup opens a city, executes, and builds digital products. You’ll learn aesthetic judgement skillsthat will serve you for life, and how to get the best work out of creatives.
On the other hand, we have ridiculously high standards and you’ll be required to meet these under unrealistically short timelines, whilst being part of a team who have only been on the job for a matter of months, or weeks for some. You’ll need to be driven, proactive and motivated by a challenge.Requirements
This is our wish-list. If you were everything on it, we’d worry that you weren’t real!
1. You are ridiculously well organised and know (and are motivated by) working to a tight deadline through time management
2. You have excellent spoken & written English
3. Working proficiency in German and/or Danish
4. A sharp eye for detail: you notice the small things. A sub-standard photo or badly written copy, would never get past your inspection
5. A taste-maker: Obsessive about design, style, photography and copy. You have a great eye and plenty of confidence in your creative vision
6. A confident self-learner: confident at teaching yourself to do things you have never done before on a daily basis
7. You have unreasonably high standards for what is good enough
8. Super entrepreneurial: You care about getting shit done. And when obstacles inevitably get in the way, you know how to hustle
9. A problem solver: no problem is unmanageable for you
10. You fit the Plum brand values and culture, and will leave a great impression on hosts
11. Ability to start soon (ideally end of March or early April but later start dates are possible)
An unparalleled opportunity to become an expert in start-up scaling - not to mention lots of stories!
If you make your objectives happen, you’ll bolster your startup creds
Genuine influence and control: you will work daily with the management team to shape the strategy and direction of our expansion
Be part of a passionate, friendly and transparent culture: you will be part of discussions on tech, product, brand and global expansion
Competitive salary and an opportunity to get a taste of what it’s like at Plum
AONB Information Officer for Harrogate Borough Council
Closing 7 April 2019
- Harrogate Borough Council
- Pateley Bridge
- part time
- £21,074 - £23,111 pro rata
Content Manager/Content Producer #TV #Digital #Entertainment
Closing 4 April 2019
- Creative Recruitment
- temp to perm
- £200 to 250 /day
Want more Copywriter - Northern Europe (London based) jobs?
Want to find more Copywriter jobs, Digital Copywriter jobs, Copywriter - SEO specialist jobs, Copywriting Journalist jobs, Copy Editor jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.