Studio members design and create experiences that empower people to do greater things than they imagined. Our mission is to help people connect and embrace a wider, global view of their every day through our product experience. The studio makes a continuous effort to understand the global audience and shape tomorrow’s user interface.
We are actively looking for new members who live at the intersection of design and technology, and who have a knack for innovation. If you are a thinker and a doer, and enjoy iterating product ideas, we’d like to hear from you!
As a UX copywriter you have exceptional writing abilities. As writers you will help shape product experiences and advocate for good UI design. Your role will be to set the tone and manner for mobile UX that is clear and engaging. This will involve establishing global principles and require you to fully understand the UI. Although the work will be in English, the work of a UX copywriter for Samsung requires that we create a unified voice throughout our global products. You will be working with many disciplines and will need to translate UI logic with empathy.
Location: The UX Studio is based in the heart of New York City.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Create principles and global direction for content and UI for end-to-end user experience.
- Create words and verbal content for projects.
- Manage projects and establish priorities.
- Design tone and manner for System UI and native Samsung applications.
- Reflect writing so that it is relatable to our core audience.
- Write copy to package product concepts.
- Contribute to enhancing UI design.
- Mentor up and coming copywriters.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor degree in English, Journalism, Technical Writing, or Equivalent Experience background.
- Graduate degree in Psychology and Design is a plus.
- 6 or more years of professional experience in shaping content for product interfaces including documentation work.
- Knowledge of mobile UI.
- Interdisciplinary design team work.
- Native language must be English.
- Professional writing portfolio required. (Need to specify project contribution.).
- Flexibility in evolving concepts and having open ears to consumer feedback.
- Knowledge of design principles and human interface guidelines.
- Understand the relationship between product management, product design and engineering.
- Ability to translate product and service requirements to commercialize.
- Ability to understand the relationship between a device form factor to UX.
- Eloquent communication skills (verbal and written) and presentation skills.
- Able to work in an interdisciplinary team.
- Adaptable and quick learner who enjoys tackling a large variety of problems.
- Comfortable working in a fast moving organization.
- Hands-on, fearless, self-starter, fast learner, and a team player.
- Willing to collaborate with HQ designers.
- Willing to travel to Korea on business trips.
Copywriter - Marshalls
Closing 20 November 2019
- TJX Europe
Senior Staff Editor, Briefings
Closing 21 November 2019
- The New York Times
- New York
Want more Copy Writer jobs?
Want to find more Copywriter jobs, Digital Copywriter jobs, Copywriter - SEO specialist jobs, Copywriting Journalist jobs, Writer jobs, Copy Editor jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.