Informa is one of the world’s leading knowledge providers. We create and deliver highly specialized information through publishing, events, training, market intelligence, and expertise, providing valuable knowledge to individuals, businesses and organizations worldwide.
Informa Markets creates platforms for industries to trade, innovate and grow. We provide customers and partners around the globe with opportunities to engage, experience, and do business through face-to-face exhibitions, specialist digital content, and actionable data solutions. As the world’s leading exhibitions organizer, with over 500 international events, we bring a diverse range of specialist markets to life, unlocking opportunities and helping them to thrive 365 days of the year.
Aviation Week has been hailed as the top source for aerospace and defense news and intelligence for more than 100 years. The Aviation Week Network sustains that leadership with a global editorial team that has the access to the right sources and the ability to "connect the dots."
The network includes the flagship Aviation Week & Space Technology magazine, the Aviation Week Intelligence Network and numerous industry brands such as Aerospace Daily & Defense Report, Aviation Daily, Air Transport World, Business & Commercial Aviation, Inside MRO and more.
The Aviation Week Network seeks an experienced and talented Copy Editor to edit articles and do production work for digital publications. This position is based in the London area, but we will consider a remote colleague with outstanding credentials.
The person in this position will spend the majority of his/her time editing articles for the Aviation Week Intelligence Network and Routes news articles for our web sites. This person also will edit podcasts and possibly videos.
We want to hire a person with with strong editing, communications and organizational skills who is adept at working on both digital and print products in a fast-paced environment.
We are read by C-level executives, government policy makers, airport managers, and airline network planners. We cover business, technology and operations for the commercial aviation, defense, space, maintenance, repair and overhaul, and business aviation sectors.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Using Adobe InCopy to edit articles for the Aviation Week Intelligence Network (AWIN)
- Working closely with writers, editors and producers in production of Routes content.
- Posting stories from Routes and AWIN to our Drupal-based content management system.
- Updating the web site as directed.
- Producing podcasts using Adobe Audition. If you do not have audio editing experience, we are willing to train you.
- Performing other tasks as instructed by the director of editorial and online production.
- Procuring, cropping, sizing and color correcting images for our websites using Adobe PhotoShop.
- Video editing and data visualization experience are desirable
- Bachelor's degree in journalism, English or a related discipline from a four-year college or university.
- Three to five years of experience editing copy for content, clarity and style for both digital and print products.
- Experience with Adobe InCopy and InDesign is a plus.
- Keen eye for detail in editing technical articles.
- Familiarity with editorial styles such as AP Style or PA Media.
- Knowledge of aviation, aerospace and defense subjects is a plus.
Alongside a competitive salary, Informa also offers the following employee benefits:
- 25 days' paid holiday per year pro rata, increasing to 27 days after 2 years' service, as well as bank holidays
- Money purchased pension scheme & life assurance
- ShareMatch Scheme, Informa's colleagues Share incentive plan
- Healthy Lifestyle subsidy/ Mental well-being support
- Learning & Development - Our Learning team supports year-round development with face -to-face training, access to Linked-in Learning.
- Long term career development opportunities
- AllInforma Colleague run networks for Diversity and Inclusion • Inspired Sustainable Development at the very core of our business
- Ability to contribute towards socially responsible and sustainable events
- LGBTQIA+ Colleagues and Allies Network
- Visible & invisible disabilities and conditions Network
- Ethnic minorities and multiculturalism Network
We know that sometimes the 'perfect candidate' doesn't exist, and that people can be put off applying for a job if they don't fit all the requirements. If you're excited about working for us and have most of the skills or experience we're looking for, please go ahead and apply. You could be just what we need!
We believe strongly in the value of diversity and creating supportive, inclusive environments where our colleagues can succeed. As such, Informa is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, ancestry, national origin, religion, or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, citizenship, or other protected characteristics under local law.
Other jobs you may be interested in
Senior Social Video Editor - Daily Mirror, Daily Star, Daily Express and OK! Magazine
Closing 1 March 2023
- Reach Plc
£Competitive + excellent company benefits
Copy Editor - Mat Cover
Closing 5 April 2023
- The White Company
Sub Editor - The Express
Closing 15 February 2023
- Reach Plc
- perm, remote
£Competitive + excellent company benefits
Want more Copy Editor jobs?
Want to find more Digital Editor jobs, Deputy Editor jobs, Editor jobs, Features Editor jobs, Managing Editor jobs, Deputy Editor jobs, Copy Editor jobs, Managing Editor (Publishing) jobs, Publishing Editor jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.