Selfridges has always been much more than a shop. We’re a social space where everyone is welcome and feels a sense of belonging, a creative playground where culture and commerce collide, and an experimental hub where you can discover the most innovative and sustainable ideas in retail. We’re here to help make the world brighter. And you can be an important part of this. We’ll talk more about the role below, but before we get to that, let’s share with you the good stuff.
Rewards and benefits:
Life at Selfridges is dynamic, exciting, and always evolving. As well as working with some of the most cutting-edge, iconic and boundary-pushing brands, designers and creatives, we also offer our team members opportunities to help make a positive difference through our network of communities, both within and outside Selfridges. Here are just a few of our rewards and benefits that help make our team experience that bit more extraordinary.
- Flexible working options to benefit you, your family and your wellbeing that can include part-time, flexi-time or hybrid working.
- Generous annual leave that increases with length of service.
- Up to five paid volunteering days – from beach cleans to co-ordinating food and clothing donations.
- Family leave that suits your set up including Maternity, Paternity, Adoption, Surrogacy and Shared Parental leave policies.
- Defined pension contribution scheme.
- Generous bonus and/or commission scheme.
- Enviable team member discount including sale previews and double discount days.
- Exclusive local discounts on a range of restaurants, bars, beauticians and entertainment.
- Subsidised gym memberships.
- Annual travel pass and cycle-to-work schemes.
- A sustainable car salary sacrifice scheme.
- Several internal communities to get involved in from our Diversity Board and Green Warriors who are leading the charge on D,E&I and sustainability, to the Wellbeings who are always thinking of new ways to champion healthy minds, bodies and routines for our team members.
- Workplace Options, our confidential team member assistance programme for when life gets tricky or you need a little guidance.
- Access to a wide range of training programmes to help your career development.
Read on to find out how you can play your part in Reinventing Retail.
We are looking for a passionate wordsmith to lead our team of copywriters, who create copy for everything Selfridges – from in-store, to Selfridges to email. The Copy Lead is an experienced Editor and Sub-Editor, who acts as the Selfridges Tone of Voice guardian. They ensure Selfridges values and future-facing ideas are represented consistently across all platforms and in-store touchpoints.
As our Copy Editor, you will:
- Act as the curator and guardian of Selfridges Tone of Voice and Best Practices/ Style Guide ensuring Selfridges’ unique product offer, services and brand values are represented.
- Edit and sub-edits editorial copy across platforms and in-store touchpoints, including editorial features, with support from the Editor-in-Chief.
- Support with annual campaign copy including windows and out of home taglines.
- Guide and informs copywriters (across Editorial, Social and wider teams) on Tone of Voice and editorial best practices.
- Work closely with the Social team ensuring Selfridges Editorial standards are adhered to.
- Work with the Editorial Project Manager to define copy deadlines and work flows.
- Be responsible for ensuring copy is delivered and signed off to deadline.
- Work closely with the Design team on all printed collateral including Selfridges Selection food packaging copy.
- Work with the Deputy Editor-in-Chief on copy direction for franchises.
- Manage the Editorial Copywriters and oversees their career objectives.
- Act as an ambassador for the business at all times.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Experience working in digital media, retail or advertising in an editorial/copywriting capacity.
- Experienced Editor and Sub-Editor.
- Experience in brand copywriting.
- Experience managing editorial/copywriting teams.
- A keen understanding of the role culture and experience play in retail.
- A healthy social media presence and deep understanding of the digital/social media landscape.
The Ideal Candidate:
An experienced Editor and Sub-Editor, who loves nothing more but getting geeky with language and words. Enjoys getting their hands dirty and writing copy themselves when needed. Some experience managing young teams would be appreciated.
About the Company:
Everyone is welcome:
Selfridges is a place where we want everyone to feel a sense of belonging. We embrace every self and are committed to cultivating a diverse and inclusive working culture. We are leading with purpose to not only increase the visibility and recognition of under-represented talent within our organisation, but the wider industry too. Here at Selfridges, everyone is welcome – irrespective of race, gender, ethnicity, sexuality, age or disability, we stand by equal opportunities for all.
Our awards cabinet:
We’re not ones to brag, but since you asked, Selfridges has won the award for The World’s Best Department Store an unprecedented four times at the IGDS awards, with an additional award for the Best Sustainability Campaign. We were also recognised as a ‘Best 25 Big Company to Work For 2020’ as awarded by The Sunday Times.
Other jobs you may be interested in
Digital Copywriter and Content Manager
Closing 25 January 2023
- perm, remote
Senior Desk Editor
Closing 30 January 2023
- NBCUniversal International
Closing 29 January 2023
- Springer Nature
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.