108,000 associates reimagining medicine for more than 799 million people globally. That is also the number of people you may impact as our new internal consultant.
The role is responsible for independently conducting editorial review of assigned scientific communication deliverables within each brand/therapeutic area that has been assigned. The position provides a critical role to ensure that content of assigned projects is grammatically correct and in line with internal or external style guidelines.
This work will ensure the delivery of high quality copy within the required timelines. The primary responsibility for the role is providing the editorial oversight for the designated therapeutic areas and brands. This includes: responsibility of implementing designated style guides and checklists, copyediting, language editing and proofreading.
This role works across NBS CONEXTS delivery teams within a Franchise/therapeutic area and where required this may also include liaison with agreed external providers. This Copy Editor role requires an understanding of scientific publications and experience in a related communications discipline.
Your responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Supporting the delivery of high quality scientific content.
• Accountable for implementing deliverable-specific internal or external style guidelines (e.g. AMA Manual of Style, internal brand-specific templates), copyediting, language editing, and proofreading of scientific communication deliverables.
• Conducts fact checking and ensures data accuracy by checking against provided source files.
• Applying solid grammatical knowledge and relevant internal guidance from scientific lexicons, style guides and checklists.
• Ability to adapt editing for different materials for different audiences.
• Accurate mark up of references.
• Acquiring new knowledge according to project demands with some supervision.
• Keep abreast of Publication practices and other requirements as it relates to medical communications Highlighting issues and risks (including quality items, timelines and fit to strategy) and proposing required changes.
• Support the Scientific Writing Team Lead/Group Lead in organizing and maintaining feedback sessions to writing teams with coaching where required by identifying items for attention by the writing team (including quality and timelines)
• Propose required changes, supporting the assigned owners to remediate.
What you’ll bring to the role:
• Minimum: Relevant scientific degree or a degree in a related communications discipline.
• A minimum of 2 years’ experience working in publishing/conducting editorial review.
• Quality mindset and eye for detail.
• Good knowledge of medical and scientific terminologies.
• Has an understanding of publication and medical communication related policies and guidelines.
• Has experience working in matrixed teams.
• Ideally, has experience working in medical communications.
• Experience in a multi-cultural work environment and international working.
Competitive salary, Annual bonus, Strong Work/Life Balance, flexible working, Top UK Employer, Pension scheme, Share scheme, Paid holidays, Comprehensive Medical Insurance, Subsidised Canteen, Employee Recognition Scheme, Sports & Social Club, Learning and development opportunities.
Why consider Novartis?
750 million. That’s how many lives our products touch. And while we’re proud of that fact, in this world of digital and technological transformation, we must also ask ourselves this: how can we continue to improve and extend even more people’s lives?
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are brought together in an inspiring environment. Where you’re given opportunities to explore the power of digital and data. Where you’re empowered to risk failure by taking smart risks, and where you’re surrounded by people who share your determination to tackle the world’s toughest medical challenges.
We are Novartis. Join us and help reimagine medicine.
We announced we will have a new HQ in London; a new state-of-the-art office at The Westworks, in White City. Four business divisions (pharmaceuticals, oncology, Global Drug Development and Novartis Business Services) will be able to come together in one purpose-designed environment. The site will be ready for us by the end of Q4 2019.
For the sixth consecutive year, Novartis been certified a ‘Top Employer’ in the UK (2014-2019)!
We focus on creating an inclusive organisation and welcome people who have different knowledge, perspectives, experience and working styles from across the global population.
Creative Director, AR/VR Marketing
Closing 22 July 2020
Creative Video Editor FTC
Closing 29 July 2020
- perm, remote, temp to perm
Want more Copy Editor jobs?
Want to find more Digital Editor jobs, Assistant Editor jobs, Deputy Editor jobs, Editor jobs, Features Editor jobs, Managing Editor jobs, Deputy Editor jobs, Copy Editor jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.