Amazon Web Services (“AWS”) has been the world’s most comprehensive and broadly adopted cloud platform. AWS offers over 100 fully featured services to millions of active customers around the world—including the fastest-growing startups, largest enterprises, and leading government agencies—to power their infrastructure. AWS Business Technology & Solutions (BTS) is a diverse team that supports infrastructure and other foundational initiatives that span and support Sales, Marketing and Support teams within AWS.
We are seeking a curious, self-motivated, and detail-oriented content specialist who is looking to apply their skills and experience in innovative ways. The Content Specialist position will focus on the increased need to support communications and digital content delivery within the BTS team and on cross-functional projects. This role will own the creation, editing, and maintenance of the internal communications platform used to engage internal BTS users as well as the Sales, Marketing and Support teams within AWS.
The Content Specialist will take varying levels of project information and edit it for clarity and consistency in order to make it widely digestible to all teams using the platform. This role works with the business and corresponding team initiatives and projects, and is responsible for holding teams accountable to best practices and style, maintaining a consistent voice for the BTS organization. In addition to digital content, this role may take a more active part in projects that require hands-on communications support, such as Communication Plans and audience impact analysis.
This role requires excellent writing and editing skills, technical expertise, and interpersonal skills. A successful candidate must be able to work seamlessly across teams of varying abilities, passionate about providing high-quality content, have an eagerness to grow and learn, be obsessed with details, and enjoy working in a fast-paced environment.
Primary responsibilities include:
· Use superb writing and interpersonal skills to work across the organization to create, update, maintain, and edit content. Content includes team digital presence and any printed materials representing the org.
· Responsible for driving conversations with teams and using collaborative methods to support content through entire lifecycle.
· Build and maintain strong relationships with key contacts and subject matter experts.
· Follow established style guides and develop best practices to ensure digital and written content adhere to standards for quality, graphics, format and style.
· Support the BTS Strategic Planning & Engagement team with content development, editing and delivery for projects, events, and other tasks as assigned.
· Drive consistency across the organization to develop a unified ‘BTS voice’ for our internal and external stakeholders.
· Deliver high-quality documents (accurate, complete and usable) including checks for spelling, grammar, and hyperlinks.
· Track the performance of content using metrics and tools; anticipating and resolving bottlenecks to content success.
· Bachelor’s Degree in English, Journalism, Communications, or a related field.
· 2+ years of content management experience.
· 2+ years experience in HTML, CSS, and SharePoint development.
· Experience in copy editing.
· Fluent English speaker and writer.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills; expresses thoughts logically and succinctly.
· Experience with media and video editing production (Camtasia).
· Graphic design skills.
· Experience in Adobe Creative Cloud (Photoshop/Illustrator).
· Experience working in a cross-functional, non-creative business team.
Closing 18 September 2019
- 21st Century Fox
Closing 18 September 2019
- 21st Century Fox
Want more Content Specialist jobs?
Want to find more Copywriter jobs, Digital Copywriter jobs, Content Author jobs, Content Executive jobs, Content Manager jobs, Writer jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.