Content Producer - Trails (Part-time)
BBC Radio Wales is looking for an audio producer to help spread the word about our programmes and presenters through trails and station sound.
BBC Radio Wales is the national English language radio station for Wales. We produce 140 hours of output a week, from production bases across Wales, including our brand new studios at Central Square in Cardiff. You’ll be an audio expert who understands how to grow audiences, increase time spent listening and how best to sell presenters.
This role is responsible for writing and producing radio promotional trails and broader station sound work. You’ll be working with the station management team, programme makers and colleagues in Marketing to ensure that content priorities are promoted in the right way for our audience.
For a breakdown of general responsibilities for this role, please download the job description available at the bottom of the page (please also see appendix in job description).
The Ideal Candidate:
We’re seeking a strong creative, with excellent writing skills, knowledge of how to grow radio audiences and extensive experience of radio production techniques. You’ll have a good ear for great content, knowing best how to sell BBC Radio Wales to audiences.
The successful candidate will have outstanding creative and editorial judgement and be able to demonstrate a deep understanding of BBC editorial standards.
A strong communicator, with the ability to engage and inspire, you’ll work closely with colleagues across the organisation to source the best content, ensure trails are in-line with marketing priorities, and deliver content which cultivates the right sound for BBC Radio Wales.
Successful applicants will be able to demonstrate the following:
- Production: This role is radio specific – knowledge and experience of radio promotions and station sound work is essential.
- Knowledge and experience of working in the radio industry - understand of how stations work and are measured
- Experience of radio editing and playout software is essential – SADie, Adobe, Dira, or equivalents.
- Stakeholder management - working with a variety of different people, across various parts of the BBC, to ensure priorities are met and content is on brand.
- Content Creation -Track record of managing a broad range of creative ideas from conception to reality.
For this role:
Welsh language skills are not necessary.
Applications may be submitted in Welsh, and an application submitted in Welsh will not be treated less favourably than an application submitted in English.
We’re happy to discuss flexible working. Please indicate your choice under the flexible working question in the application. There is no obligation to raise this at the application stage but if you wish to do so, you are welcome to. Flexible working will be part of the discussion at offer stage.
- Excellent career progression – the BBC offers great opportunities for employees to seek new challenges and work in different areas of the organisation.
- Unrivalled training and development opportunities – our in-house Academy hosts a wide range of internal and external courses and certification.
- Benefits - We offer a competitive salary package, a flexible 35-hour working week for work-life balance and 25 days holiday with the option to buy an extra 5 days, a defined pension scheme and discounted dental, health care, gym and much more.
About the Company:
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below.
Diversity matters at the BBC. We have a working environment where we value and respect every individual's unique contribution, enabling all of our employees to thrive and achieve their full potential.
We want to attract the broadest range of talented people to be part of the BBC – whether that’s to contribute to our programming or our wide range of non-production roles. The more diverse our workforce, the better able we are to respond to and reflect our audiences in all their diversity.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexuality, social background, religion and/or belief. We will consider flexible working requests for all roles, unless operational requirements prevent otherwise.
To find out more about Diversity and Inclusion at the BBC, please visit our website.
Want more Content Producer - Trails (Part-time) jobs?
Want to find more Content Executive jobs, Content Manager jobs, Digital Producer jobs, Audio Designer jobs, Audio Manager jobs, Assistant Producer jobs, Development Producer jobs, Producer jobs, Sound Designer jobs, Sound Supervisor jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.