Content Experience Designer
As a content designer, you’re a natural storyteller and you have design thinking superpowers. You believe in the power of plain language to communicate ideas, and you thrive on creating solutions that help people.
You know that good content design starts with learning what your customers need and how they talk about it, and you are driven by a passion for making technology more accessible and usable.
You empower others to apply design thinking methodologies to the work they do, teaching and guiding them to help scale content design work across more areas of the product and content experience.
You’re a genuinely kind person with humility and integrity.
We’re looking for an innovative and highly collaborative content designer to join us. Our team creates content experiences for Microsoft 365 customers spanning web and mobile platforms, including UX writing, documentation, video, and conversational UI.
The Microsoft 365 content team brings warmth, humanity, and clarity to our customers’ experience with Microsoft products. Our work creates the conversation we have with millions of customers through their interactions with our products and help content. We design for impact, and we emphasize a learning mindset no matter what we’re working on.
You’ll work with our world-class designers, content creators, and engineering teams. You’ll lead others to create new content experiences, and your work will help customers learn, solve their problems, and get the most out of our products. Data will inform how you improve experiences and content to help millions of customers around the world get their jobs done.
On a typical day you might:
- Interview product, design, engineering, and marketing stakeholders to understand their business needs and insights.
- Help design user research to understand the customer journey and pain points.
- Create a content ecosystem map to illustrate the various content types, channels, processes, tools, and owners for the Microsoft 365 customer experience at different phases of their journey.
- Learn about customer vocabulary and mental models through search data analysis.
- Analyze customer data and website metrics.
- Conduct competitive research to inform your content strategy.
- Lead a diverse group of stakeholders in a user experience design sprint.
- Participate in a design session to uncover the core concepts, customer language, and top questions you need to support in the user experience.
- Grab coffee with a colleague to hear what they’re excited about and how you can help.
- Join a Teams channel to contribute to a group chat about ethical AI or your favorite sushi place.
- Join an all-hands to see what other teams are doing.
This job is a great fit if you:
- See content as a powerful design material for connecting with people.
- Have a strong bias for action and are passionate about delivering high-quality, coherent experiences.
- Take initiative, aren’t afraid to fail, ask questions, and always seek better ways of working and communicating.
- Create a teachable, repeatable innovation model that translates customer experience problems into high-level solutions, design workflows, detailed interactions, and visual designs.
- Model and teach your methodology to others to scale developing solutions across a broad surface area.
- Lead multi-disciplinary teams to explore and refine concepts and narrow to the best solution quickly without losing effort.
- Influence others to get great content design work shipped quickly.
- Practice design thinking and use questions to help shape the problem to be solved.
- Iterate based on research findings and feedback from the team.
- Refine and improve the long-term direction of how the content experience evolves.
- Write and edit friendly, brilliantly clear UI text with language that lands perfectly within the parameters of our voice & tone principles.
- 5-7 years of experience delivering creative projects under tight deadlines and on time.
- Practice applying design thinking to content experience problems and delivering high impact results.
- Experience leading a group of diverse and passionate stakeholders to deliver UX solutions.
- Experience writing UX copy for business customers.
- Portfolio review of UX content design and writing samples.
- BA/BS degree in Journalism, English, Communications, Creative Writing, or related arts and humanities subject.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
2020 Summer Intern: UX Design, Customer Experience
Closing 18 March 2020
Closing 17 March 2020
- Micro Focus
Want more Content Experience Designer jobs?
Want to find more Product Designer jobs, Digital Designer jobs, Interactive Designer jobs, Interface (UI) Designer jobs, User Experience (UX) Designer jobs, Web Designer jobs, Content Author jobs, Content Executive jobs, Content Manager jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.