Content Editor - My London
Are you looking to step up to a leading role on one of the fastest growing regional news websites based in one of the most exciting areas in the country?
Within 18 months of launching, My London has become one of the 10 biggest regional websites in the country. We like to think our website has a unique style and, as we look to appeal to younger readers than some of our rivals, we encourage our reporters to have fun with their writing where it is appropriate. By joining our team, you'll have the best patch in the country and be covering a brilliantly diverse range of stories day in, day out.
This fantastic team is looking for a Content Editor to come on board. We’re looking for someone with the ability to lead our teams of writers, wherever they are based, to deliver content and drive audiences in all communities. We want fresh ideas and new perspectives from people from a wide range of backgrounds, and we want you to lead our teams to deliver the stories you believe are important from our many communities so we can continue to diversify our content.
Here at Reach, we strongly believe in the benefits of flexible working, work/life balance and autonomy in our day to day jobs.
What will the role involve?
- You will lead the newsroom in producing content which engages readers and reaches as many people as possible.
- You will look after the continued development of team members, supporting them to reach their full potential.
- Publishing content online.
- Managing home pages and audience engagement channels (social, newsletters etc) as and when required.
The Ideal Candidate:
Who are we looking for?
- You will have a deep knowledge of media law and IPSO code of practice.
- We want you to have a passion for digital storytelling in local communities.
- You will have social media and SEO experience.
- You will have strong knowledge of the local area, you’ll know what matters to the people that live there.
- You will be NCTJ qualified or equivalent.
- A driving licence in preferable.
So, who are we?
MyLondon is part of Reach plc. You might not have heard of us but we have probably met without you even realising it. We are home to the UK and Ireland’s most iconic digital platforms, magazines and newspapers. From the Mirror, Daily Express and OK!, to our regional titles such as the Liverpool Echo, BirminghamLive and the Manchester Evening News (plus lots more), our brands and the stories we cover are as varied as our people.
We help all kinds of people share experiences through our stories because we believe this is what makes us human. Oh, and we should probably also mention that with a monthly readership of 47 million people, Reach is the largest commercial publisher in the UK. At Reach, not only will you feel better understood, you will also feel you understand other people better too.
What can we offer you?
We are offering a competitive salary and benefits including;
- 25 days holiday per annum.
- Contributory pension scheme.
- Holiday purchase scheme.
- Discounted gym membership.
- Lots of high street discounts!
Reach plc believes diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why we are committed to being an inclusive employer and encourage applications from all suitable applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation.
Senior Legal Writer/Editor
Closing 1 October 2020
- London and Sheffield
- perm, from remote
- ££31,923 pa + £4,570 London Weighting if applicable
Digital Marketing Coordinator
Closing 24 November 2020
- Adecco Global IM
- £20,000 to 30,000 per annum
Want more Content Editor - My London jobs?
Want to find more Content Executive jobs, Content Manager jobs, Digital Editor jobs, Deputy Editor jobs, Editor jobs, Features Editor jobs, Managing Editor jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.