Content Editor - Dorset
Our new Dorset Live brand aims to grow an engaged and loyal audience across the county through brilliant storytelling, hard-hitting news and exceptional features that speak to the local area. As a Content Editor you will be responsible for helping us make the most of every story, maintaining high journalistic standards and you will come up with ideas for content that will engage our audience and the different communities on our patch.
We’re looking for fresh ideas and new perspectives from people from a wide range of backgrounds, and we want you to tell us the stories you believe are important from our many communities so we can continue to diversify our content.
So, who are we?
You might not have heard of us but we have probably met without you even realising it. We are home to the UK and Ireland’s most iconic digital platforms, magazines and newspapers. From the Mirror, Daily Express and OK!, to our regional titles such as the Liverpool Echo, BirminghamLive and the Manchester Evening News (plus lots more), our brands and the stories we cover are as varied as our people. We help all kinds of people share experiences through our stories because we believe this is what makes us human. Oh, and we should probably also mention that with a monthly readership of 47 million people, Reach is the largest commercial publisher in the UK. At Reach, not only will you feel better understood, you will also feel you
This position will be home-based, however, due to the nature of the role the successful candidate will ideally live local to this region.
What will the role involve?
- You will lead the newsroom in producing content which engages readers and reaches as many people as possible
- You will look after the continued development of team members, supporting them to reach their full potential
- Publishing content online
- Managing home pages and audience engagement channels (social, newsletters etc)
The Ideal Candidate:
Who are we looking for?
- You will have a deep knowledge of media law and IPSO code of practice
- We want you to have a passion for digital storytelling in local communities
- You will have social media and SEO experience
- You will have strong knowledge of the local area, you’ll know what matters to the people that live there
- You will be NCTJ qualified or equivalent
- A driving licence is preferable
What we can offer you:
We are offering a competitive salary and benefits including;
- 25 days holiday per annum
- Contributory pension scheme
- Free wellbeing apps and coaching support
- Simply Health Healthcare Cashplan
- Holiday purchase scheme
- Plus lots of high street discounts!
Reach plc believes diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why we are committed to being an inclusive employer and encourage applications from all suitable applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation.
Want more Content Editor - Dorset jobs?
Want to find more Digital Editor jobs, Deputy Editor jobs, Editor jobs, Features Editor jobs, Managing Editor jobs, News Editor jobs, Deputy Editor jobs, Offline Editor jobs, Online Editor jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.