We are the AA. And we keep everyone’s show on the road. There for our customers wherever and whenever they need us, we’re always ready for anything. That’s why, for over 100 years, we’ve continued to evolve and adapt. Today, as the nation’s number one motoring organization, we offer a range of excellent products and services to millions of customers.
This is the job:
Reporting directly to the Digital Content Lead, you’ll join a team of passionate and creative Digital Content Editors. You’ll be an experienced and confident copywriter, editor and content producer who loves words and can spot a typo at 20 paces. Whether you’re writing for the app or website, you’ll deliver brilliant, on-brand content that engages and delights. And you’ll always have our customers in mind – from making the technical stuff simple, to making our membership compelling. We’re looking for someone to take responsibility for UX content.
Collaborating closely with our Digital Experience Designers, you’ll be instrumental in making our customer journeys easy to find and use. You will have strong IA skills and experience optimising the structural design of content to ensure that our user experience is maximised. As well as this you’ll be a strong facilitator and storyteller, able to bring together a wide range of stakeholders and align them on a solution that meets both the current and future needs of the business.
You’ll be working within a tight-knit, agile scrum team, so you’ll need to be self-sufficient, as well as great at building effective working relationships with stakeholders. We’re investing significantly in our digital portfolio, and you’ll play a key role in transforming our digital customer journeys. You’ll join a growing team of talented designers and editors, working in a central London location. This is a great opportunity to be involved in defining the future of one of Britain’s most trusted brands.
What will I be doing?
- Write and edit copy in line with our brand, tone of voice and house style guidelines and our content strategy.
- Translate legal/compliance requirements into user-focused plain English.
- Work across multiple projects, using your knowledge to develop outstanding content across all digital channels.
- Work collaboratively with the wider design team, including UI/UX designers, to create user-focused copy and seamless customer journeys.
- Build and edit content pages in Sitecore CMS.
- Present content to stakeholders, incorporate feedback and be an advocate for our content principles.
- Carry out user research to inform content decisions.
- Know and understand the KPIs for the department, and use them when you’re creating content.
What do I need?
Capability, Knowledge and Experience:
- At least 3 years’ experience as a copywriter or editor creating content for websites and/or apps
- Demonstrable experience structuring complex information for transactional websites.
- Confident writing UX copy; familiar with user journeys, wireframes, transactional content.
- Experienced at writing high-quality, engaging copy that’s mobile-first and optimised for search engine visibility (SEO).
- Excellent written and verbal communication and a meticulous attention to detail when proofreading your own or another editor’s work.
- Have a results-focused and strategic approach to your work, with an appreciation of how data and insight should influence copy.
- IA experience, ideally with experience working with complex content structures and improving these to benefit user experience.
- Conversant in Sitecore CMS or equivalent CMS systems.
- Excellent MS Office and Adobe Acrobat experience.
- Familiar with working in agile/scrum environments (desirable).
- Experience of working with JIRA (desirable).
- Experience using Google Analytics to inform and improve content and conversion (desirable).
- Experience of editing basic code, such as HTML and Mustache (desirable).
Education and Qualifications:
- University degree (desirable).
- Self-starter that takes the initiative and works well in teams.
- Good organisational skills, including the ability to manage competing priorities and meet tight deadlines.
- Good interpersonal skills and can communicate on all levels including director level.
- An eagerness to learn and develop.
- Reflects and exhibits the AA Brand Values – Courtesy, Care, Expertise, Dynamism and Collaboration.
What else is expected of me?
Good conduct matters at the AA. It's very important that you act with honesty & integrity, are respectful of others and have a consistent desire to do the right thing. Everyone at the AA lives these behaviours, so we are all able to support the delivery of good outcomes for our customers.
Senior UX Designer
Closing 3 October 2020
- perm, from remote
Head of Social Media, News & Content
Closing 16 August 2020
- Cancer Research UK
- perm, remote, temp to perm
- £20,000 to 30,000 per annum
Want more Content Designer jobs?
Want to find more Product Designer jobs, App Designer jobs, Digital Designer jobs, Interactive Designer jobs, Interface (UI) Designer jobs, User Experience (UX) Designer jobs, Web Designer jobs, Content Executive jobs, Content Manager jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.