For more than 20 years, we have been supporting design, brand and business leaders. We increase the value of design for organisations by further building design competence and capabilities. We operate globally, in all industries and across many areas of Design & Innovation. Valued and long-term relations enable us to guide our clients strategically while building open and honest collaborations that create significant impact.
Our clients are industry leaders like Unilever, GSK, COTY, Kvadrat, B&O, Miele, WMF and LEGO.
Grow offers Design Management & Design Leadership education through a blend of practical-oriented learning modules, led by very experienced tutors and supported by case-based content from industry leaders. We run Grow programs both across or within companies and agencies. Programs are run both as face to face meetings and as online hosted programs. Our participants are design professionals from small to large design, brand and digital agencies, large organisations as well as companies focused on delivering world class design.
PARK is a leading consultancy in the area of design management and leadership. Both companies are closely linked as we use our consultancy knowledge from PARK in the Grow education and vice versa. We are looking for an exceptional new member to be part of our team in Hamburg as soon as possible.
The main objective of the Content Designer is to develop and manage high quality visual content and deploy it on various channels and media. To be able to do this effectively in a small team, there are five main accountabilities:
1. Design visual content for our online Grow platform, PowerPoint, Newsletters and print material.
2. Front-end editing and deployment of content in own proprietary Grow platform in collaboration with external vendor and system administrators.
3. Management and curation of Grow content together with consultants/tutors.
4. UX / UI responsibility when participating in conceptualization and development of new content, programs, products and services with.
5. Technical assistance to consultants/tutors and admin tasks related to running Grow programs.
You will work primarily on Grow content but might also support in PARK projects. We expect you to work independently, managing and developing content under the guidelines and specific briefings of consultants.
WHY JOIN US
We offer a dedicated and ambitious team of individuals who are passionate about design and its successful connection with the business. We like to push the boundaries and empower our clients to do the same. We are empathic to our client’s needs, challenges and ambitions and appreciate personal and trustworthy collaborations. Being patient but persistent, we aim for sustainable and long-term effects on our clients, their design teams and the bigger context of their organizations.
As a Content Designer at Grow you will be playing a key role in educating tomorrow’s design leaders. In close collaboration with the rest of the team, you will be taking on increasing responsibility in driving strong visual content and securing unique learning experiences for our participants.
• Layout, graphic, UI & UX design of Grow content and material.
• Take input and abstract ideas and convert them into visual solutions with reasonable technical requirements.
• Front-end editing and deployment of content on web, social media and in content management systems.
• Explain technical concepts and make decisions with non-technical team members. • Collaborate with system administrator and developers (back-end).
• Basic video editing.
COMPETENCIES, ATTITUDE & BEHAVIOUR
• Usability advocate: Able to understand both our users’ needs and their limitations.
• People oriented + high standard of service and quality: Secure a functioning and enjoyable service quality for our participants in the programs as well as for us internally.
• Passionate about people development and learning: Be excited to understand how designers learn and grow.
• Right mix of creative and technical skills: Ability to deliver content as visually appealing and comprehensible across different media and channels.
• Strong communicator: Be able and enthusiastic to articulate your ideas, feelings and thoughts in a constructive and respectful way (that also means to challenge us in our routine).
• Problem solver: Be a true optimist with a hands-on ‘can-do’ attitude, always on the outlook for flaws and ways to improve Grow and our services.
• Adaptable: Act as a versatile and flexible individual in a team with many different tasks and responsibilities.
• Structured & self-organized: That means you can independently manage multiple & fast changing projects with care and an attention to details.
• Curious beyond design: Willing to explore our position in the intersection of design, brand, business, education and management consulting.
• Visual and graphic design competence
• UI/UX design experience
• Understanding of and affinity for technical fundamentals of the web, industry best practices, flexible and responsive design and data-driven visualizations.
• Familiar with limitations and features of browsers, frameworks, and front-end technologies.
• Excellent English in writing and speaking • Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign) • Proficient in Microsoft PowerPoint
• Experience with HTML, WordPress and ideally ASP.net
• Experience with online services and social media platforms
• Experience with Adobe Premier, Final Cut Pro or other video editing software
• Knowledge of wireframing and prototyping tools
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design, Visual Communications, UX / UI Design or equivalent experience. 2-4 years of experience as graphic designer, content designer, content manager, information architect, interaction designer, experience designer or similar.
POTENTIAL NEXT STEPS
Depending on your own ambition and development, you will have multiple opportunities to further develop. Besides following and adopting new ways of creating and delivering learning experiences - whether it is driven by new channels, content or technologies - there are multiple paths to grow. By diving deep into our content and education experience, by developing a deeper technical awareness and perspective of running our systems and programs and in general stay on top of the visual side of our content environment.
Please send us your letter of motivation that doesn’t have to be lengthy but clear on 1) why you want this job and 2) why we should meet you. Please also include your CV and a portfolio or visual set of compelling work you have created and that is relevant for us.
Senior Art Director
Closing 28 February 2018
- gernBotschaft Gesellschaft für Kommunikation mbH
- perm, temp, temp to perm
- negotiation topic
Want more Content Designer jobs?
Want to find more Graphic Designer jobs, Visualiser - Design/Advertising jobs, Digital Designer jobs, Frontend Web Developer jobs, Interactive Designer jobs, Interface (UI) Designer jobs, User Experience (UX) Designer jobs, Web Designer jobs, Content Manager jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.