Consumer Experience Director - Meadowhall
At British Land, Places People Prefer is at the heart of everything we do. We are inspired by how places can affect people’s lives, whether they live, work, shop or are part of the wider community. As part of our £18.2bn assets under management, our portfolio includes UK-wide Retail multi-let Centres, Central London campuses and prime residential developments.
We design, build and manage places that reflect the way people want to live, work and shop today and into the future. Nearly 100,000 people live or work in our properties, they’re visited around 350 million times each year and over 1,000 different organisations have chosen our places as their home. Our places will shape the lives of millions of people across the UK for years to come.
We are a diverse, curious team that believes in shared success and enabling people to be themselves and work in ways they work best. Our small expert team works alongside other expert people on some of the most ambitious, innovative projects in the country, and we are committed to offering our people a rewarding career journey where you can shape how you grow.
Our Places and People have a commitment to treat everyone equally, irrespective of your age, sex, sexual orientation, race, colour, nationality, ethnic origin, religion, religious or other philosophical belief, disability, gender identity, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, or pregnancy or maternity. If you want to feel listened to and understood in an environment where your opinions count and your ideas are encouraged, you’ve come to the right place!
Working closely with the client, existing management team and FM partner, a significant leadership position has been created that will be central in shaping the customer-focused culture to deliver world-class customer experience.
- To look outside of retail market drawing on knowledge, experience and best practice from other industries, including but not limited to the hospitality industry.
- To review service quality measurement and develop a new operational strategy of standards and behaviours that ensures customer experience is at the forefront of all operational areas including the ‘face-to-face’ and online presence.
- Challenge all processes that impact on the customer’s experience to identity improvements.
- Drive the delivery and improvement of all customer touch-points, policies and standards.
- Develop a successful culture to execute the goals and vision and seamless alignment between all parts of the organisation.
- Setting up and managing regular reporting of customers’ feedback by each journey and touchpoints.
- Ensure the customer engagement represents the Centre’s brand and British Land’s corporate values.
- General Management; Produce monthly reports on performance.
- If appropriate, manage marketing/placemaking personnel on site.
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to develop and prepare annual plans, while remaining flexible and reactive to changing client needs.
- Capable of effective prioritisation, ability to work to deadlines and willingness to multitask when necessary.
- Good networking skills and the ability to manage relationships with multiple stakeholders at different levels.
- Experience of using customer journey mapping and methodology.
- Ability to analyse customer metrics with strong qualitative analytical skills, excellent attention to detail and business acumen.
- Great communicator who inspires large customer facing teams to drive continuous improvement.
- Possess flexibility and have a track-record of delivering results.
- Provide ability to lead teams through cultural and customer experience change.
- High energy and tenacious that isn’t afraid to challenge the norm and explore new ideas with a ‘can-do’ attitude.
- University degree educated/and or qualifications in hospitality.
- Hospitality industry (hotels, leisure, tourism/visitor attractions) experience preferable.
- Professional integrity.
- Unrivalled service excellence.
- Effective communication.
- Team working.
- Developing self & others.
- Flexible, adaptable, non-judgmental but with an inquisitive mind with an attention to detail.
- Excellent people-management skills to motivate and encourage an emphasis on customer experience and ensure high standards are met and exceeded.
British Land employees are committed to living our values and promoting an inclusive, positive and collaborative culture.
Bring your whole self:
- Confident, pro-active, hardworking and highly professional individual.
- Treats everyone equally.
Listen & Understand:
- Seeks out, accepts and acts on feedback.
- Awareness of and ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Good team player, with positive attitude and eagerness to get involved.
- Self-starter who uses own initiative.
- Flexibility - able to deal with different levels of workload, remaining calm under pressure.
Build for the future:
- Willing to learn new skills and tools.
- Works to a high standard and always strives to improve.
Please note that we endeavour to get back to all applicants within 28 days. If you haven’t heard from us within this period, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Senior Design Director, Spotify Premium
Closing 19 September 2019
Senior Product Designer
Closing 17 September 2019
- American Express
Want more Consumer Experience Director - Meadowhall jobs?
Want to find more Design Director jobs, Director of Interior Design jobs, Digital Design Director jobs, Digital Director jobs, Interface (UI) Designer jobs, User Experience (UX) Designer jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.