Consumer Events and PR Manager
This role will manage the execution of the brand marketing strategies in the ambient channel of Consumer PR and Events, for the Sport Style Choice, to amplify and elevate the Superdry brand through PR and Event activations in Sport
This is a great opportunity for an experienced PR and Events marketing manger to develop, and grow the brand presence globally through delivery of integrated, segmented calendars of PR campaigns and consumer events that support Sport as a style choice. In this channel we should be culturally relevant, we should stand out, we should be disruptive, we should be of the moment, we should be renown, we win differently.
Reporting into the Senior Consumer Events and PR Manager and working collaboratively with Brand Managers, Copy & Content Editor, Social Team, Creative Centre, Brand Production, this role will contribute to the change and elevation in brand perceptions by promoting the Sport style choice and product stories to the desired consumers, that will move the business from transactional consumer interactions to higher value longer term emotional connections and brand advocacy.
- Manage the implementation of the global PR and Events strategy for Sport and Sport Style in collaboration with the Brand Marketing and Collection Management Teams.
- Drive a consumer reappraisal of the brand to deliver engagement with the notion of style as a choice, creating an emotional bond that builds a valuable community of brand advocates.
- Grow the brand exposure, whilst building a deep understanding of our potential audience(s), their interests and motivations, gaining actionable insights to strengthen their connection to the brand.
- Translate and amplify marketing communication strategies across PR and Consumer Events, execute the content plan and calendar as a means to reset brand perceptions, spark positive interactions for the style choice, constantly improving awareness and consideration.
- Collaborate across Brand Marketing, Social & Digital Marketing and Creative teams to create integrated .communications programs and consumer events that support style choice seasonal content themes and stories
- Identify media targets by style choice audience, pitch, host and secure segmented global media on Brand stories (both print and digital titles) and product fascination.
- Draft press materials and secure coverage in trade, lifestyle, and consumer press working with copywriters to draft PR copy as needed.
- Create and execute regular consumer events that inspire and engage the audience and generate talkability, exposure and brand heat, resonating beyond the event itself.
- Ensure each market has the necessary tools/assets to maximize editorial and events opportunities and that brand standards are followed across all market.
- Facilitate any appointed local agency with content and assets for your style choice.
- Monitor and report upon coverage and sentiment illustrating ROI of activity.
- Manage budget and maintain tracker to maximise value return on all spend.
- Start and finish everything with the consumer.
- A passionate, energetic, creative communications professional with and global experience.
- Experienced in managing PR and Consumer events and brand activation for fashion/sports brands and through moments of change.
- Engaged and connected with relevant media contacts, immersed and up to date with news and happenings in the industry.
- Able to act as a brand ambassador for your style choice, living and breathing the culture and fanatical about sport and all that is inspired by sport.
- A competent project manager with great attention to detail and follow-up, a creative problem solver with good commercial sense.
- Entrepreneurial in nature and approach.
- Experienced in businesses/brands of scale, but also those considered startup, independent or disruptive.
- Comfortable with driving fast change against a back drop of legacy habits.
- Adaptable, agile and able to multitask and switch between strategy and tactics.
- A confident inspirational communicator, recognised and respected as a source of best practice in your field, earned through previous experience and success.
- A natural relationship builder that seeks out the connections to be able to deliver.
- Flexible to travel as necessary.
Working for Superdry has never been so rewarding…
- Everyone receives a generous salary, pension contributions, life assurance.
- 25 days holiday plus an extra day to celebrate your birthday.
- Unrivalled range of Learning & Development programmes.
- Eligibility to join our Share Save initiatives.
- Amazing staff discount, 50% online and in store, plus an on-site staff shop and subsidised cafe.
- A range of team and company-wide social events.
- Discounted gym membership, cycle to work scheme, wellbeing services and much, much more.
Superdry is a genuine British success story that has grown to an annual turnover of £872m, with our brand already worth £1.6bn in total global consumer sales. We are a multichannel operator with well-developed and highly successful retail, ecommerce, wholesale and franchise businesses and customers in virtually every country in the world. We are well on our way to achieving our goal of becoming a global digital brand.
Closing 17 August 2020
DFTS Event Manager
Closing 17 August 2020
- £Competitive with great benefits
Want more Consumer Events and PR Manager jobs?
Want to find more Digital Campaign Executive jobs, Digital Campaign Manager jobs, Planner jobs, Fashion Events jobs, Events Manager jobs, PR Account Executive jobs, PR Account Manager jobs, Events Producer jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.