Consumer Communications Officer (Social, PR & Influence)
Discovery is at the heart of everything we do. Wherever you find us around the world, if you can think of a product, you can probably find it in our stores. We are part of the TJX family that includes TK Maxx, Homesense in the UK and TJ Maxx, Marshalls, HomeGoods, Sierra, Winners and Homesense across the US and Canada.
With variety comes plenty of happy surprises—our environment is ever-changing, and that’s just how we like it. Every day is an opportunity to discover something new about our business, our partnerships and even something exciting about yourself. Ready to Discover Different?
Leading off-price retailer, TJX Europe (comprising of TK Maxx and Homesense) has experienced a period of significant growth and continues to expand making it one of the most exciting and innovative retail success stories in Europe since its launch 25 years ago.
Sitting within the European Consumer Communications function, this role is part of a larger Brand & Marketing Department which has a key part to play in driving the growth of TK Maxx and Homesense.
This role will manage day to day social media activities, including assisting in briefing the in-house creative agency, for the creation and delivery of assets for paid and organic social media campaigns and working with European markets to ensure campaigns are optimised across all the countries we operate in.
This role will also support the development and activation of pan-European PR and influencer-led campaigns.
Supporting the pan-European Communications team (HUB and market) across a range of high impact and integrated external communications campaigns (PR, Social, Influencer and Experiential channels), the Consumer Communications Officer will work alongside multiple stakeholders at a central (hub) and a local (in-market) level as well as external and in-house agencies, in order to increase understanding, build advocacy and drive footfall for TK Maxx and Homesense across its European markets.
This role will also support delivery of impactful and integrated external communications strategies which support the delivery of the TJX CR strategy across Europe.
Building Brand leadership:
- Support the team to deliver a clear and comprehensive European Consumer Communications vision and strategy for TK Maxx across Europe, by championing and implementing consistency and consolidation across Europe in line with our Hub and Spoke model.
- Take responsibility for collating and maintaining the hub key messaging matrix for TK Maxx and Homesense in order to support the team drive consistent messaging and tone of voice across European markets.
- Be part of a team responsible for championing ongoing creative and channel innovation across the Comms function and wider B&M dept through seeking on-going expertise in the latest content and story-telling tactics, from third-party partnerships and social platforms to content and influencer strategies. Support the Consumer Comms Manager TK Maxx collate and share with key stakeholders and ensure the home sector is represented by partnering with the Manger of Consumer Comms Homesense.
- Be part of a team with responsibility for establishing the Comms function as an innovative centre of expertise across both functional (Communications) and category (fashion and lifestyle) areas. Take a lead in developing thriving personal networks which deliver challenge and fresh thinking back to the Consumer Comms Function and off-price way of working and which help position the Consumer Comms function as best in class.
Developing Talent and Teams:
- Foster a highly performing Consumer Communications team dynamic at Hub and through the Communications Managers (spoke).
- Drive close collaboration with peers and partners to support the development of cohesive and complementary strategies and plans. In particular the CR Officer, the Internal Comms CR Officer and the Communications Managers and play an active part in the Brand and Marketing Officer group.
- Foster a Hub team spirit which has a European outlook and therefore maximises results through local market teams.
- Take responsibility for arranging monthly comms manager face to face meetings and weekly status calls.
- Work with the PAs and IT to drive efficiencies and solutions for remote working across multiple markets.
- Take the lead around logging and sharing market key dates with Hub .
- Leader of self competencies. No line management responsibility.
- Support the Comms Manager roll out best practice tools and templates for Communications Managers in-market.
- Manage the day to day operations of European Hub initiatives including management of Pan-European press centres, Toolkits, Content calendars and ad-hoc reporting.
- Lead the collation and sharing of information and results including monthly updates for the senior leadership team and sizzle reels for internal communications.
Lead the charge around ‘leveraging’ comms assets and initiatives in order to drive efficiencies and consistencies across TJX Companies Inc.
- Build effective relationships with global counterparts and work with the comms manager to create vehicles for sharing best practices and industry trends/innovation.
- Raise POs and keep the budget tracker up to date and reconciled.
Key skills, knowledge and experience:
- Experience of managing a diverse, fast paced to do list and a proven track record of being able to work in the grey.
- Comfortable in an ambassadorial role both internally and externally.
- A passion for Comms - Earned, Social, Influence and Experiential spheres.
- Competent writing skills (across a variety of communication formats) and good presentation skills.
- Excellent organisation skills and a results focus.
- Confident networker and diplomatic communicator with an ability to build relationships across geographies and functions.
- Proficiency in one or more European languages beneficial.
Discover Different at TJX. From opportunity and teamwork to growth, we think you’ll find that it’s so much more than a job. When you’re a part of our global TJX family, you have the full support of a diverse, close-knit group of people dedicated to finding great deals and fantastic style. Best of all? They have a lot of fun doing it.
We care about our culture, but we also prioritize the tangible stuff (Competitive salaries: check. Solid benefits: check. Plenty of room for advancement: of course). It’s our way of empowering you to make your career here.
We consider all applicants for employment without regard to age, disability, gender, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and / or sexual orientation.
Social Media & Community Manager
Closing 8 June 2020
- Nestlé UK
- £34,000 per annum
Social Media Manager
Closing 5 August 2020
Want more Consumer Communications Officer (Social, PR & Influence) jobs?
Want to find more Affiliate Director jobs, Affiliate Manager jobs, Digital Campaign Director jobs, Digital Campaign Manager jobs, Digital Marketing Manager jobs, Social Media Manager jobs, Communications Director jobs, Communications Manager jobs, Marketing Director jobs, Marketing Manager jobs, Social Media Director jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.