Codemasters Cheshire has an exciting new opportunity for a Generalist Concept Artist to assist with a huge variety of creative tasks through from concept to creating assets to texturing and modelling. This is a broad role reporting to and primarily assisting the Art Director to create elements both in and of outside the game. However we are looking for a creative mind prepared to turn a hand to what's needed to support this busy department at a very exciting time.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Create concepts, illustrations and textures based on project needs.
- Produce and participate in graphic creation for our games.
- Video editing assistance.
- Generate ideas and sketch convincingly environments, props, characters and creatures.
- Demonstrate creativity, adaptability to different game and graphic styles (pixel, cartoon, realistic, illustration, etc.).
- Research and collect visual material to define and improve the visual style and contents of the game.
- Ensure quality meets expectations and direction from the Leads/Art Managers.
What you'll need:
- Thorough understanding of digital/traditional and Graphic art techniques.
- Good illustration and storytelling skills with an eye for perspective, colour, lighting, mood and composition.
- Proficient technical skills and expertise in Photoshop and Illustrator.
- A solid background in academic drawing, sketching and/or illustration is a major asset.
- Strong communication skills.
- Versatile and prepared to tackle many different kinds of tasks, ranging from creative challenges to mass production.
- Self-motivation, excellent communication and organization skills, team spirit and proactivity.
- Ability to multi-task and to adapt easily to change.
- Positive attitude with the ability to receive and provide objective feedback.
Be great of you also had:
- Prior games industry experience.
- Game texture creation experience using Substance Suite.
- Motion Graphics and 2D animation experience.
- Video Capture and editing skills.
- Knowledge of Adobe Premier and Aftereffects.
- UI design and creation experience.
- 3D Software knowledge, Maya.
Principal Product Designer
Closing 1 August 2020
- Auto Trader
Closing 3 August 2020
- Warner Bros. Entertainment Group of Companies
Want more Concept Artist jobs?
Want to find more 2D Artist jobs, 3D Artist jobs, Artist jobs, Digital Artist jobs, Interface (UI) Designer jobs, Gaming Artist jobs, VFX Artist jobs, Concept Artist jobs, Layout Artist jobs, Special Effects Artist jobs, Texture Artist/Texture Painter jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.