Position at Industrial Light & Magic.
The Concept Artist creates Concept art for visual effects in feature films. Works as part of a team of artists executing CG and traditional artwork and supports the creation of artwork that adheres to a specific design or “look” of a show.
On any given day, your primary responsibilities and accountabilities will include:
• Creation of dynamic artwork that illustrates various stories and scripts.
• Ensures work is done according to the specifications outlined by the Director/Key Creatives of a show.
• Implements any changes and incorporates feedback from Art Directors into artwork.
• Participate in dailies and transmissions.
Here are the skills and experience you need to be successful in this role:
• Experience in the entertainment industry.
• Portfolio required.
• Experience or understanding of cinematic techniques, languages and shot composition (advantage).
• Experience working as part of a Virtual Art Department (advantage).
• Develop “eye” and strong aesthetic.
• Demonstrated understanding and creation of photo real work.
• Experience creating some or all of the following environments, hard surface and creature design, matte paintings, shot elements, storyboards (advantage).
• Ability to collaborate with the Art Department leadership and within a production environment.
• Ability to work under pressure while implementing changes based on input from multiple sources.
• Proficiency in design software required.
• Ability to work in both 2D and 3D (e.g Photoshop, Maya, Blender, Zbrush, 3D-Coat, Keyshot, Octane).
• Ability to assemble research and reference material that will be influential to clients and design team.
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic. Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, colour, religion or belief, sex, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, disability or pregnancy or maternity. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Lead Facial Capture Artist
Closing 7 October 2020
- Industrial Light & Magic
Cinematic Artist (Criterion)
Closing 6 October 2020
- Electronic Arts
Want more Concept Artist jobs?
Want to find more 2D Artist jobs, 3D Artist jobs, Artist jobs, Digital Artist jobs, CG Painter jobs, Concept Artist jobs, Digital Painter jobs, Layout Artist jobs, Texture Artist/Texture Painter jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.