The Concept Artist creates Concept art for visual effects in feature films. Works as part of a team of artists executing CG and traditional artwork, helping create artwork that adheres to a specific design or “look” of a show.
- Creation of dynamic artwork that illustrates various stories and scripts.
- Ensures work is done according to specifications outlined by the Director/Key Creatives of a show.
- Implements any changes and incorporates feedback from Art Directors into artwork.
- Actively participates in dailies and transmissions.
Education / Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree and/or proven experience as a Concept Artist in the Entertainment Industry, including Visual Effects or Games.
- Experience or knowledge of cinematic techniques, language and shot composition (advantage).
- Demo reel and/or portfolio required.
Required Skills / Competencies:
- Developed “eye” and strong aesthetic.
- Demonstrated understanding and creation of photo real work.
- Experience creating some or all of the following: environments, hard surface, and creature design, matte paintings, shot elements, storyboards (advantage).
- Ability to work closely with Art Department leadership and within a production environment.
- Ability to work under pressure while implementing changes based on input from multiple sources.
Required Technical Skills:
- Proficiency in design software required (Photoshop, Painter, Sketch-up, Modo, etc, z-brush).
- Ability to assemble research and reference material that will be influential to clients and design team.
Art Intern (Character or Environment)
Closing 1 January 2020
Closing 3 January 2020
Want more Concept Artist jobs?
Want to find more 3D Artist jobs, Animation Artist jobs, Concept Artist jobs, Layout Artist jobs, Special Effects Artist jobs, Texture Artist/Texture Painter jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.