Studio Gobo is an established AAA games studio, part of the Keywords family. Our team has worked on multiple world class projects for companies such as Tencent, Disney, Ubisoft and Warner Bros. Projects include Hogwarts Legacy, Synced: Off-Planet, For Honor, Marvel Super Heroes: Guardians of the Galaxy and Star Wars: Rise Against the Empire playsets for Disney Infinity 3.0.
The Concept Artist will be a generalist conceptual designer versatile in many different art styles and techniques. They will be able to demonstrate exceptional creativity and ability in the areas of environmental design, whilst also understanding the needs and nuances of gameplay and how it relates to architectural design. In addition, demonstrating versatility in the areas of world, look and feel and tonal pieces will be a distinct advantage.
They will be tasked with inspiring the art and design teams with exceptional visualisation work that helps shape the visual direction of our games. Since you will be participating in all phases of the design process, good social and communication skills are a must for this role.
At Studio Gobo, we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products, and our community. Studio Gobo is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We offer you a comprehensive benefits package and an award-winning environment to work in, rating 4.9 out of 5 stars for employee satisfaction on glassdoor!
A Concept Artist at Studio Gobo...
- Has a passion and deep understanding of architectural design, industrial design, illustration, colour theory, composition, lighting, art history and various cultures and be able to change and adapt across different genres and media.
- Excellent narrative and illustrative skills.
- A world class portfolio that blows our minds with your ability and talent and sets you apart from the rest.
- Proficient in Photoshop, Painter or similar package of your preference.
- The ability to take an environment and or gameplay space from early concept all the way through to fully rendered finished quality visualisation.
- Comfortable working within a multidisciplinary team.
- Able to work with direction and take on constructive feedback.
- Excellent creative skills and insight and an ability and passion for research to aid credibility in your work.
- Able to visually communicate ideas and inspire others.
- Ability to work on a pre-defined art-style whilst also a desire to explore new directions.
- Must be a highly self-motivated individual and work closely with the producers on scheduled assignments and appropriate priorities.
Things we'd love to see from you:
Professional creative experience in the field of Games, Film, Architecture and / or Industrial Design.
An excellent personal or professional portfolio.
Demonstrable technical knowledge of design software and techniques.
The ability to utilise 3d software packages in your workflow is a distinct advantage.
Effective communication and team-working skills.
A passion and appreciation for how your work can enhance the player experiences we craft.
When you join Studio Gobo you can expect to enjoy a unique culture. Whether its participating and relaxing with one of our wellness benefits or discussing the latest games over lunch cooked by our in-house chef. The Studio knows that it’s the best people that make the best games and this is what Studio Gobo invests in. Below you will find all the benefits and perks you can enjoy as a Studio Gobo team member.
- Holidays - 20 days’ annual leave entitlement, plus 3 days’ studio closure over the Christmas period, giving a total of 23 days paid annual leave plus all 8 UK bank holidays.
- Bonus Anniversary Holidays - An additional day of annual leave for each year’s anniversary working at Studio Gobo, to a maximum of 7 extra days!
- Generous Team Project Bonuses
- Visa & Relocation Package - For qualified employees, we will pay for the visa costs for you and your family. We will also provide you with a relocation allowance.
- Company Pension Scheme – Employer contribution matching award-winning pension scheme provided by NEST under the UK governments automatic enrolment scheme.
- Employee Share Purchase Plan (ESPP) - ESPP is an easy way for staff to get involved in entry level company ownership or make a small profit on savings.
- Private Medical Insurance Scheme – Full private medical cover provided by BUPA Private Healthcare.
- Group Life Insurance
- Private Dental Insurance Scheme – Full private dental cover provided under our Dental plan company scheme.
- Group Income Protection
- EAP - Employee Assistance Program that assists employees with personal problems and/or work-related problems that may impact their work, health, mental and emotional wellbeing.
- Volunteer Time Off ‘Studio Gobo in the Community’ – Spend one day per year on full pay volunteering for the non-profit organisation of your choice.
- Cycle & Tech Scheme – Receive up to £3000 worth of goodies as part of this salary sacrifice scheme.
- Eye-care Vouchers – Free eye tests.
- Train Travel Season Ticket Loan – Interest-free company loan to spread the cost of an annual season ticket.
- Personal Trainer Sessions – Free gym sessions with our own Gobo personal trainer.
- Health and Wellbeing Allowance - £50 per month to spend on your choice of a range of healthy activities.
- Fast Growing Studio – Plenty of room for career advancement
- Industry Conferences Budget – A generous annual studio conferences budget. Many of our employees benefit from attending conferences such as GDC, E3 or SIGGRAPH, THU, Develop etc every year.
- Inspire & Motive Programme - Offering training opportunities, inspiring workshops and industry conferences.
- Free locally roasted Coffee & Speciality Teas
- Gobo Cereal Bar – Extensive granola, muesli and breakfast cereal selections.
- Full Chefs Kitchen & Equipment – Free use of our large full-sized chef’s kitchen ideal for whipping up a quick snack or a culinary feast.
- World Famous Free Lunches – Every Friday our studio enjoys a studio lunch together. Cooked in-house by our very own chef with meat, vegan and gluten free options available every week.
- Fresh Fruit & Healthy Snacks – Provided every day, with a suggestion board for new treats!
- Pastries, Cakes & Doughnuts – For the odd naughty pleasure.
- Soft Drinks Fridge – A large range of free chilled soft drinks.
- Gobo Beer & Wine Fridge – Free beers, ales and wine and even the odd gin and tonic! Grab a beer at our end of week Show and Tell sessions and see what everybody else in the company has been up to!
- In-house Social Clubs – There are lots of ways to socialise with your colleagues here! From day one you’re invited to join in clubs for D&D fans, board games, bouldering, drawing nights, yoga, cooking club – the list goes on and there is always space open for new members!
- Extensive Video Game & Book Library – Borrow a game, a book or even a whole console.
- Spacious Industrial Chic Studio Space – Many visitors comment on what an amazing studio space we have. We’ve invested a lot of time, thought and money into our studio. And we get to work in this space every day. Our working environment makes an incredible difference in our mood and productivity.
- Dogs with Jobs – Studio Gobo is a dog-friendly employer. Bring doggo into the studio to meet and hang out with the rest of the team any time!
- Project Wrap Parties, Cinema Nights & Team Nights Out – We work hard together so it’s good to let off steam and spend some time together seeing what the wonderful city of Brighton & Hove has to offer.
- Monthly Studio Social Nights – Once per month the studio plays host to the biggest party in Brighton & Hove (probably). The drinks fridge is open for all. Invite a loved one to join us for food, drinks and anything in an array of board games, Smash Bros tournaments, 10-person Overwatch multiplayer bouts, Beer Pong or even a bit of karaoke.
- Summer Festival – Every year on a hot summer’s afternoon, we all leave work early to enjoy the sun with company organised pop-up diner, cocktail shack, bouncy castle, face painting and other fun amenities. The whole family is invited to spend the day coming to socialise with us, on us :)
Other jobs you may be interested in
2D Storyboard Artist (Experienced)
Closing 20 March 2022
- Blue Zoo Animation Studio
- Brighton (Remote)
- perm, from remote
£Competitive depending on experience
Senior Lighting Artist
Closing 20 March 2022
- Electronic Arts
Lead Concept Artist - New Sci-fi FPS IP
Closing 20 March 2022
Want more Concept Artist jobs?
Want to find more 2D Artist jobs, 3D Artist jobs, Artist jobs, Digital Artist jobs, Gaming Artist jobs, Concept Artist jobs, Layout Artist jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.