Concept Artist Environment (Contract)
Come join the award-winning God of War development team! Sony Santa Monica Studio is looking for a concept artist with a focus on environments to help us create imaginative and unique worlds that set the bar for creativity and complexity on the PS4. This individual will contribute to the artistic vision working with art teams to create concepts that set the tone of the game, and bring it to life. Help us create visuals that define our industry! As a concept artist focused on environments, you must possess the ability to effectively collaborate with the art director, game director, and art leads to design worlds that are visually stunning and cohesive while also working with a wide range of development team members to ensure technical feasibility.
- Work with the art director, game director, and art leads to visually develop environments, set pieces, and props.
- Create rough sketches, fully rendered environment paintings, detailed final props and architecture callouts, material sheets, model turns, color scripts and mood paintings, matte paintings, paint overs of in progress environment art and design sheet.
- Undertake research and initiate information gathering of pertinent subject matter prior to the commencement of a new task to ensure game design, reference materials, artistic direction, and technological considerations meet the defined goal of bringing believability to the environments that we create.
- Design visual rulesets for fantasy based worlds.
- Solve complex artistic development issues for both artists as well as other team members.
- Actively improve skill sets and abilities by keeping aware of industry trends and techniques, evaluating competitive products, learning new software packages and traditional art methods.
- May serve as an artistic resource for overall product or as a studio resource. This includes, but is not limited to conducting general research, developing cutting-edge techniques or testing new systems and tools.
- Strong drawing, painting and design fundamentals are required.
- Strong design skills, ability to design and render landscapes, architecture, as well as organic forms to a high level of finish.
- Ability to quickly iterate on loose sketches or mid finish work providing a range of design options.
- Proficient in Photoshop.
- Strong time management and prioritization skills. This entails collaborating with the Production group to coordinate task lists to ensure assignments are progressing as expected according to schedules, milestones, and overall project goals.
- Familiarity with video game product development.
- Good communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
- A. or relevant curriculum-or-equivalent skillset.
- Minimum 3 years industry experience-or-related experience.
- Understanding of the fundamentals of 3D packages is a plus.
- Having firsthand experience on 1 or more published titles is a plus.
- Previous or next-gen video game platform experience is desirable.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
Senior Marketing Manager
Closing 20 June 2019
- $20,000 to 30,000 p/a
Communication Designer - Instagram
Closing 20 June 2019
- San Francisco
- $20,000 to 30,000 p/a
Want more Concept Artist Environment (Contract) jobs?
Want to find more 3D Artist jobs, Graphic Designer jobs, Visualiser - 3D jobs, 3D Interior Designer jobs, Industrial Designer jobs, 3D Designer jobs, 3D Modeller jobs, Games Designer jobs, 3D Animator jobs, CG Painter jobs, Concept Artist jobs, Digital Painter jobs, Graphic Designer - Production jobs, Motion Graphics Designer jobs, Motion Graphics Editor jobs, Texture Artist/Texture Painter jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.