Informa is a leading international events, intelligence and scholarly research group. Listed on the London Stock Exchange and a member of the FTSE 100, Informa has over 11,000 colleagues working in more than 30 countries.
Specialists need the support of other specialists. Our purpose is to champion the specialist, to grow, do business, make breakthroughs and take better informed decisions.
Through hundreds of powerful brands and expert teams, we operate events and exhibitions, deliver intelligence-based products and data driven services, convene communities in person and digitally and provide access to cutting-edge research for specialist customers worldwide.
Each of our five operating divisions has a distinct focus:
Informa Connect is a specialist in content-driven and digital communities that allow professionals to meet, connect, learn and share knowledge. We operate major branded events in Global Finance, Life Sciences and Pharma.
Informa Intelligence provides digital intelligence and data-based products, consultancy and research services that help business in specialist markets make better informed decisions, spot opportunities and gain competitive edge.
Informa Markets creates platforms for international markets to trade, innovate and grow. Through over 500 leading brands, our exhibitions, specialist digital content and data solutions allow customers operating in specialist markets to meet and trade.
Informa Tech is a specialist in technology. We aim to inspire the global technology community to design, build and run a better digital world through research, media, training and events that inform, educate and connect businesses and professionals working in technology.
Taylor & Francis is specialist in scholarly research and in helping academic and research communities make new breakthroughs. We commission, curate, produce and publish scholarly research and reference-led content in specialist subject areas.
Summary:This role is responsible for creating and implementing the internal communications and engagement strategy for Informa Connect, working closely with the CEO, HRD, CMO, MDs and senior stakeholders across the business on content, messaging and distribution, as well as colleagues at all levels to engage, create dialogue and encourage best practices. The Communications Manager will be responsible for the delivery of a full programme of communications, creating and delivering a Communications strategy to drive engagement.
Initiatives may include updates from the Executive team to support product and organizational developments, newsletters, HR activities (onboarding, ways of working, diversity & inclusion, wellbeing etc), talent acquisition social strategy & thought leadership campaigns, employee branding and advocacy initiatives and intranet communications across multiple channels including email, Teams, in-person and virtual events and video. There will also be a requirement for coordination of company events & special projects ie Awards, Ignition Innovation Challenge, Product launches.
- Create, implement and manage a comprehensive communications strategy and framework across Connect, partner with the Chief Executive, HRD and Leadership team to drive the strategy annually across the globe.
- Partner with other functions to contribute to, and in some cases lead, communications on projects and BAU matters.
- Teams we work most closely with include HR, Sustainability, Brand, Compliance and Technology. Projects can include company-wide recruitment, awards and benefits campaigns, charity engagement work, survey and training initiatives, diversity and inclusion awareness raising, and less often, M&A / integration projects and reputational / issues-based matters.
- Take a creative and multi-channel approach to communications, staying abreast of communications and channel trends and contributing ideas to Informa Connect’s approach and use of formats. This includes channels like the Informa Connect website and our social media accounts.
- Develop strong relationships with colleagues from across the company, sourcing news and information and becoming a trusted go-to point for central communications support.
- Craft high-level narratives for and supporting the employee experience, with a particular focus on Smart Connections, Balanced Working, Sustainability and Diversity & Inclusion.
- Actively improve colleague engagement across the business and aligning with HR on a rounded and consistent approach to colleague wellbeing and satisfaction through initiatives such as Volunteering, Walk the World, the Informa Awards and Cheers4Peers; identify new opportunities to improve engagement and measuring performance of programs to determine go-forward plans.
- Develop, maintain, and produce high quality content for a range of communications channels and internal events, such as Ask Me Anything sessions, Town Halls, Lunch & Learn, Meet & Eat, intranet, Microsoft Teams, monthly newsletters and emails.
- Nurture close links with Informa Corporate Communications team (Group) and Divisional Communications leads to ensure two-way communication and consistency of messaging; proactively identify opportunities to lead on Group communication and appropriately cascade through the Connect division.
- Ensure escalation plans are in place and adhered to for crisis communication.
- Measure success via email/intranet/video analytics and colleague surveys and produce the monthly report (including clear comparisons to benchmarks, key adjustments and actions to improve results).
- Lead campaigns that promote key cross-organisation projects and initiatives.
- Encourage adoption of enterprise social media, self-publishing and multimedia.
- Understand, adopt and promote Informa Connect and Informa’s brand identity and communications standards.
- Manage some of our communications platforms, maintaining the relationship and service quality and maximising use and our investment. We currently use Poppulo (internal comms email distribution and measurement), Webdam (image library), PGI (webcasts), Turtl and have accounts with SurveyMonkey amongst others.
- Develop process guides to ensure sufficient business continuity.
- Proven experience in an internal communications role.
- Strong communication skills, with the confidence and ability to lead and influence at all levels.
- Effective stakeholder management skills, able to rapidly build strong positive relationships in the business.
- Ability to work autonomously, manage change and work with ambiguity.
- Results orientated and works well under pressure.
- Creative and innovative in problem solving plus experienced in developing new ideas and creating engaging copy.
- Experienced in providing constructive feedback to stakeholders.
- Savvy in multi-media; comfortable with working across various platforms.
Skills and Behaviours:
- Influencing and communicating: building strong relationships with colleagues at all levels across the business and finding effective communication channels for different communities.
- Innovative and solutions-oriented: actively pursuing and driving new initiatives to address specific communications needs or issues.
- Colleague focused: ensuring the colleague voice is heard and listened to by senior stakeholders via the facilitation of two-way communications.
- Familiarity with and experience of different communications channels, from traditional to social and digital, and use of the full communications suite and toolkit.
- Strong writing skills, and a passion for high quality communications across channels and audience engagement.
- Comfort with technical subject matter and an ability to make complex topics simple, relevant and interesting for a general audience.
- Proactive, helpful and positive approach, with skills in building internal stakeholder relationships.
- Agile approach; comfortable with change and adapting priorities to suit the needs of the business.
- Evidence of continuous professional development.
- Strategic approach to creating a longer-term narrative by weaving the business strategy and initiatives together with clear milestones and KPIs.
Why work for Informa Connect?
- 25 days annual leave, 4 paid days leave for volunteering and a day off for your birthday!
- A bright, modern central London office.
- Competitive Benefits.
- Work with high quality specialist products.
- Great staff and team members who are all “expert’s experts”.
- Share-Match options - become a shareholder.
- Regular social events and networking opportunities.
We know that sometimes the 'perfect candidate' doesn't exist, and that people can be put off applying for a job if they don't fit all the requirements. If you're excited about working for us and have most of the skills or experience we're looking for, please go ahead and apply. You could be just what we need! We believe strongly in the value of diversity and creating supportive, inclusive environments where our colleagues can succeed. As such, Informa is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship, or other protected characteristics.
Want more Communications Manager jobs?
Want to find more Digital Campaign Executive jobs, Digital Campaign Manager jobs, Digital Strategists jobs, Communications Executive jobs, Communications Manager jobs, Strategy Manager jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.