eBay is a global commerce leader that allows you to shape how the world buys, sells, and gives. You’ll be part of a work culture that’s been genuinely committed to diversity and inclusion since its founding more than 20 years ago. Here, you can just be yourself, do your best work, and have a significant impact on people across the globe. We are looking for people with drive, ideas, and a passion for supporting small businesses succeed to help shape the future of eBay—does this sound like you? If so, we’d love to talk to you!
About the team:
We are passionate about connecting buyers and sellers around the world and creating opportunities through commerce and technology. Our responsibilities include all aspects of eBay’s business in the EMEA region including eBay’s operations in major European markets -- UK, Germany, France, Italy, and Spain -- as well as driving growth in emerging markets such as Turkey.
Communications Assistant eBay UK.
The Role Overview:
eBay UK has an exciting opportunity for a graduate to join the UK communications team on a 12-month contract. The Communications Assistant will experience the dynamic and fast-paced environment of an in-house communications team. They will be required to support on a number of different activities ranging from regular internal events, to key seasonal campaigns and assisting on general day-to-day running of the busy eBay press office. The successful candidate will have an appetite for communications as well as an eagerness to learn about the retail and e-commerce environment.
Scope of the Role:
Duties + Responsibilities.
- Supporting on corporate and consumer PR press office and campaign work.
- General support to team on logistics, travel, meetings, general operations, events.
- Supporting on key projects and the supporting briefing sessions, brainstorming ideas, attending agency meetings.
- Ad hoc monitoring of social media – spotting opportunities and potential issues.
- Media eyes and ears – staying on top of media landscape – finding opportunities for eBay.
- Propose media opportunities to the press office team - taking advantage of any proactive media moments.
- Support on the curation and maintenance of the press story calendar to ensure key retail/calendar moments are celebrated accordingly.
- Assist with insight gathering for news pieces.
- Supply to regular corporate news ideas sharing sessions with the wider team.
- Passion for communications and eagerness to learn.
- Comfortable working alone or in a team.
- Self-starter with a drive for being proactive.
- Robust, results driven.
- Good judgement and responsible.
- Phenomenal verbal and written communicator.
- Good time management skills.
- Friendly, approachable manner and honest.
- Ability to present solutions and overcome potential challenges.
- Mature and sensitive attitude to internal company dynamics.
- Tech savvy.
- Attention to detail.
- Degree level, ideally in communications, media or PR - essential.
- Excellent writing skills (English) and strong verbal communication skills - essential.
- Work experience at a media outlet/comms team or PR agency - desirable.
- Ability to build a detailed understanding of the issues affecting eBay – desirable.
- Knowledge of a wide range of UK traditional and social media outlets – essential.
- Proficient on Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint as well as Outlook - essential.
Contract duration: 12 months.
We love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work.. To learn about our Diversity & Inclusion.
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
Creative Communications Manager
Closing 14 February 2020
- Hargreaves Lansdown
Social Media Producer, BBC Sport
Closing 26 January 2020
Want more Communications Intern jobs?
Want to find more Affiliate Executive jobs, Digital Campaign Executive jobs, Digital Campaign Manager jobs, Social Media Executive jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.