Communications Executive - Digital Transformation
You can be based out of our Holborn or Milton Keynes Store Support Centre.
The Internal Communications Business team is the engine room for communications across Sainsbury's business, brands and channels. Within the team, the Digital Transformation team is the business owner of the digital platforms that support great communication across our business.
You will support the day-to-day management of projects designed to improve the structure, content management and user experience of digital communication platforms including the intranet, Yammer and bespoke Sainsbury’s apps, as tools to help people do their jobs and maximise colleague engagement.
You'll work with the wider Internal Communications Business team to support communicating Digital Transformation activities across the business.
What you need to do:
- You'll be part of the cross-functional working group that will improve the intranet and migrate it to an upgraded platform, while advising on how to provide the best user experience.
- Support the team in providing a clear brief for the Technology team on requirements for our digital communication tools and will be responsible for day-to-day management of progress against this brief.
- Support content owners/stakeholders to maintain, design and build content and manage documents on OurSainsburys.co.uk (training will be provided).
- You'll support the Comms Manager – Digital Transformation in the day-to-day management of a detailed project plan of technical and content requirements, key milestones and progress against them.
- Work closely with the Operational Communications team to project manage and support in preparing materials to communicate Digital Transformation activities across the business.
- Working with the Comms Manager – Digital Transformation, you'll support the Internal Communications Campaigns (ICC) Team with insights and best practice guidance that enables and equips our business to use Yammer effectively. You'll help ensure Yammer functions as a place to build communities and create connections across our brands, one that brings people together to ask questions, share best practice, collaborate and celebrate success in a safe and inclusive community.
- Support the team to moderate content on Yammer, ensuring there is adequate cover and managing the rota (training will be provided).
- Provide weekend and evening cover on a rota basis for urgent messages, and early morning cover to support the communication of business results and announcements.
What you need to know and show:
- Highly organised and proactive – able to juggle and prioritise a busy workload
- Enthusiasm, can-do attitude and willingness to take on new challenges
- Collaborative approach, working as one team with the wider Corporate Affairs team
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent project management skills
- Understand the role that communications play in supporting a wider business strategy
- Able to anticipate next steps and proactive in taking actions to address them
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Professional and calm under pressure
- Good knowledge and understanding of a retail / consumer-facing businesses
Work-life balance is important to us, so we offer our colleagues as much flexibility as possible in line with the needs of their role. We trust them to decide how, where and when they work, combining remote and collaborative working with a flexible approach to hours, giving them plenty of time and space for life outside of work whilst delivering against our business goals.
Other jobs you may be interested in
Paid Digital Marketing Lead
Closing 28 October 2021
- British Red Cross
- perm, remote, temp to perm, from remote
- £45,000 per annum pro rata
Closing 22 December 2021
Senior Content Planner
Closing 20 December 2021
- Hogarth Worldwide
Want more Communications Executive - Digital Transformation jobs?
Want to find more Social Media Executive jobs, Social Media Manager jobs, Communications Executive jobs, Communications Manager jobs, Marketing Executive jobs, Marketing Manager jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.