Communications Assistant Manager - Regions
An exciting opportunity has come up within KPMG to undertake the PR and internal communications for the firm’s regional business in the North West, Yorkshire and North East of England on a full time, fixed term basis until September 2023.
We are looking for an individual who loves news, is proactive and thrives on developing and delivering local media campaigns, targeted at regional titles. You will be happy to travel across the region to meet our senior partners, journalists and develop relationships.
You will also have solid experience of internal communication and driving employee engagement and brand advocacy. You will combine the ability to give sound strategic communication advice to
internal clients with the knowledge and enthusiasm for delivering the tactics.
The successful candidate will work closely with our Regional Chair, Office Senior Partners, local sector leads and wider comms team to build KPMG’s voice in the North on the issues that matter to organisations large and small across our regional economies, ranging from ESG, growth, devolution, productivity, M&A, tax, talent and technology. This will involve both generating your own press materials, being adept at responding to journalist queries and localising materials produced by other PRs in the team to use in your region.
You will also support local leadership teams with their internal communications and social media campaigns, including the development of blogs for channels including LinkedIn.
The successful individual will:
- Be confident to advise senior stakeholders to help them build their profiles.
- Thrive on creating impactful communications campaigns linked to a long-term commercial strategy.
- Be an expert in regional press and have a great media network in the region they live in.
- Have experience of delivering campaigns via social media channels.
- Understand the value of reporting, monitoring and analysing press coverage to plan for future activity.
- Be adept at scanning the news agenda and spotting opportunities for the firm to comment aligned to our commercial agenda.
- Support the planning and execution of leadership events and communication that increase leaders’ engagement and improve two-way interaction between leaders, managers and staff.
- Collate, share, and act upon feedback from staff and specific internal communication measurement to inform and improve future activity.
- Be confident to escalate issues to senior members of the team as required.
Expected skills and behaviours for the role:
- A love of the news and a drive to build strong relationships with stakeholders.
- An understanding of the wider business environment, political landscape and the impact actions can have on client relationships.
- Excellent writing skills, with an ability to draft copy for different channels and audiences.
- Evidence of an ability to spot issues-led media opportunities ahead of time.
- Ability to produce rapid reaction statements to capitalise on breaking news issues.
- Ability to work hand-in-hand with other parts of the KPMG business to deliver campaigns, including marketing, public affairs, digital, strategic and internal communications.
- Willingness to innovate.
- Adherence to the KPMG values.
Other jobs you may be interested in
Communications Manager, News
Closing 9 October 2022
Social Media & Influencer Marketing Executive
Closing 12 November 2022
- Mamas & Papas
Senior Brand Manager Aero / Choc Classics
Closing 5 October 2022
- Nestlé UK
£Up to 55,000 depending on experience
Want more Communications Assistant Manager - Regions jobs?
Want to find more Digital Campaign Executive jobs, Digital Campaign Manager jobs, Communications Executive jobs, Communications Manager jobs, Marketing Executive jobs, Marketing Manager jobs, Strategy Manager jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.