Mars is a family-owned business with more than a century of history making diverse products and offering services for people and the pets people love. With almost $35 billion in sales, the company is a global business that produces some of the world’s best-loved brands: M&M’s®, SNICKERS®, TWIX®, MILKY WAY®, DOVE®, PEDIGREE®, ROYAL CANIN®, WHISKAS®, EXTRA®, ORBIT®, 5™, SKITTLES® and UNCLE BEN’S®. Mars also provides veterinary health services that include BANFIELD® Pet Hospitals, Blue Pearl®, VCA® and Pet Partners™. Headquartered in McLean, VA, Mars operates in more than 80 countries. The Mars Five Principles – Quality, Responsibility, Mutuality, Efficiency and Freedom – inspire its more than 100,000 Associates to create value for all its partners and deliver growth they are proud of every day.
This role will be at the heart of our purpose work, bringing to life our CA strategy. Working closely with the Corporate Affairs Director and CA function regionally and globally to deliver best in class programs and enable UK to deliver against our ambition to end pet homelessness. Collaborating with Marketing, Sales, R&D and Commercial will be key to success of this role. This role will be based from our office in Waltham but can involve some flexible home working.
- To implement overarching company strategy on bringing Better World for Pets purpose to life – set targets looking immediate to >3 years out, focussing on ending pet homelessness and creating Better Cities for Pets.
- Embed purpose at the core of the business by close collaboration with the global Mars Petcare CA team (Pet Nutrition, Petcare and global function) and an on-going review of the industry activities providing insights on the best practices.
- Equip business with tools to effectively communicate our purpose agenda.
- Evaluating opportunities to develop Petcare UK into a recognised as a leader in creating a Better World for Pets
- Influencing and informing internal key stakeholders and leadership around key purpose and sustainability initiatives
- Building relationships with the key business functions (Sales, Marketing, P&O, Supply, Finance) across Mars Inc to ensure UK needs and point of view are put forward and fully aligned with global strategy.
- Managing and coordinating responses to issues that hold the potential to affect the UK Petcare segment’s image, reputation and stakeholder positioning especially in support of packaging and operations sustainability.
- Advising and guiding the business regarding external/internal threats and opportunities and helping create strategies to protect, enhance and/or accelerate business objectives.
To do this role you’ll need:
- Purpose driven individual with strong CA background from FMCG industry.
- Sound business acumen and experience of developing and executing business cases.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to navigate conflict and stand alone.
- Strong ability to frame strategic or complex issues in a clear and compelling way.
- Excellent influencing and persuasion skills.
- In-depth knowledge of key environmental and social challenges facing the sector.
- Strong organisational and project management skills, able to manage multiple on-going assignments simultaneously.
- Results-driven, collaborative and a ‘can-do’ attitude, a self-starter with a strong bias to action.
In return we offer:
• Great career progression.
• Range of in-house training opportunities.
• Competitive salary, bonus and range of large company benefits.
We know it’s important to you to find out as much about us as possible, so following a review of your CV the first stage will be a telephone interview with the hiring manager and a chance for you to ask lots of questions. If successful you will be invited to an interview day in front of our panel. Don’t worry you’ll have plenty of time to prepare.
Digital Marketing Executive
Closing 13 January 2021
- Adecco Global IM
- £19,000 to 24,000 per annum
Pan-EMEA Communications Specialist
Closing 9 January 2021
- HP (Hewlett Packard)
Want more Communication Manager jobs?
Want to find more Digital Strategists jobs, Communications Executive jobs, Communications Manager jobs, Marketing Executive jobs, Marketing Manager jobs, Strategy Manager jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.