Communication Designer - Visual Systems
Meta is looking for a Communication Designer to join the Entertainment Design team, a pillar within Facebook. We focus on creating, maintaining, and evolving the visual systems that define our brand in the product including icons, emoji, illustration, communication decks, motion, avatars, photography, and live action creative.
The Communication Designer will help us deliver on our mission by developing visual identities and brand systems, promotional efforts, as well as experiential design over print, digital, and video surfaces. The ideal candidate has the ability to execute in a variety of styles, can articulate design decisions, iterates quickly, and collaborates seamlessly with creative leads, art directors, and content strategists.
We'll leverage your design ideas to set the direction and you'll need to be fluent in the fundamentals of design with a portfolio that showcases this expertise. You'll cover the design spectrum–from quick, rough idea ideation to polished final deliverables–we'll look for work that thinks big and gets attention, but also follows a conceptual thread down to the smallest details. Candidates should have broad experience working on a variety of projects with multiple partners and on tight timelines.
Communication Designer - Visual Systems Responsibilities:
- Working cross-functionally and collaborating with internal and external team members
- Developing branding glyphs, logos, identification marks, presentations, presentation templates, storyboards or animatics for motion graphics and video
- Developing identity platforms, systems, typography, palette, illustration, iconography systems
- Keeping project timelines on track
- Clearly articulating design decisions to a variety of partners
- Collaborating with leadership
- 3+ years experience with visual or branding design
- Demonstrated experience developing branding systems
- Demonstrated experience with environmental design
- Experience in Adobe Creative Suite, including Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, After Effects, and other packages
- A portfolio with examples in branding, website designs, presentation support, communication design, promotion, and environmental design
- Demonstrated track record of engaging launched projects
- Demonstrated experience articulating the design trends
- Demonstrated knowledge for creativity and design
- Experience overseeing ideas from inception to launch
- Experience taking feedback and quickly iterate
Meta builds technologies that help people connect, find communities, and grow businesses. When Facebook launched in 2004, it changed the way people connect. Apps like Messenger, Instagram and WhatsApp further empowered billions around the world. Now, Meta is moving beyond 2D screens toward immersive experiences like augmented and virtual reality to help build the next evolution in social technology. People who choose to build their careers by building with us at Meta help shape a future that will take us beyond what digital connection makes possible today—beyond the constraints of screens, the limits of distance, and even the rules of physics.
Meta is committed to providing reasonable support (called accommodations) in our recruiting processes for candidates with disabilities, long term conditions, mental health conditions or sincerely held religious beliefs, or who are neurodivergent or require pregnancy-related support. If you need support, please reach out to us.
Other jobs you may be interested in
User Experience Designer, AI - Machine Learning
Closing 20 July 2022
- perm, from remote
Lead Product Designer
Closing 18 July 2022
- perm, from remote
UX Content Design Manager
Closing 19 July 2022
- perm, from remote
Want more Communication Designer - Visual Systems jobs?
Want to find more Branding Designer jobs, Communications Designer jobs, Graphic Designer jobs, Digital Designer jobs, Multimedia Designer jobs, Video Designer jobs, Print Designer jobs, Publishing Designer jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.