Commercial Product Designer
Frasers Group are currently looking for a Commercial Product Designer to join us at our Head Office in Shirebrook. We started as a small store in Maidenhead in 1982 and from there, grew to become a global powerhouse. We believe the higher the risk, the greater the reward.
We’ve never been afraid to strive forward and change the way the industry operates, diversifying our portfolio and elevating stores. We’re not sitting back – there’s no room for hesitation. As a PLC with a £4bl turn over, this opportunity to grow your career in a fast paced and dynamic environment is one for the bold.
A Commercial Product Designer reviews the commercial performance of products and enhances continuity products or develops new products to meet the needs of customers and drive the best commercial outcomes for Frasers. They research trends in the market, through all types of media, observation and through the development of brands. On the back of the research (or on the back of briefing from the Commercial Management Team) they adapt existing products, revise the product mix or design new products, balancing following trends with a product’s commercial performance.
They work with the Junior Commercial Product Designers to produce accurate specification artwork and tech packs for submission to the factories. They brief suppliers to deliver the best products at the best price for Frasers, manage sampling meetings and present their range to the Commercial Managers. They design ranges for larger facias.
- Creative approach to designing concepts and understanding the handwriting style that effectively communicates the USP of the product to the end user, whilst adhering to the brand guidelines.
- Have a good knowledge of industry standard software such as Adobe Illustrator
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- An understanding of fabrics and embellishments
- An understanding of colour, using references such as Pantone.
- Proactively plan and organise their workloads and others, with the understanding that organisation plays an important part when managing conflicting priorities and meeting tight deadlines.
- Works well in collaborative scenarios to achieve shared goals and deliver business objectives as well as working independently.
- At least 3 years' experience in a design discipline e.g., Design or equivalent demonstrated experience.
- Experience in the creation of artworks and new design formats.
- Fluent in full Adobe Suite (illustrator and Photoshop are a must).
- Ability to generate ideas and concepts.
- Project Management experience - proven track record of delivering complex projects.
- Track record of using knowledge and experience to troubleshoot and resolve issues
- Track record of managing & delivering to time and cost
- Managing large volumes of SKUs
An opportunity like this at Frasers is for the fearless. The potential is massive, the experience unrivalled. To be able to make the most of it you need to live and breathe our principles:
- Think without limits and take the team with you
- Own it and back it
- Not hesitate and act with purpose
- Be commercial and customer-focused.
Other jobs you may be interested in
Middleweight UI Designer
Closing 30 June 2022
- Royal Bank of Scotland
Closing 17 August 2022
- perm, from remote
£Competitive with excellent benefits
UX Designer - Associate
Closing 10 August 2022
- Goldman Sachs
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.