Commercial Editor- Manchester Evening News
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a talented Editor to join the Reach Regionals Commercial Editorial team as MEN's Regional Commercial Editor.
Reach Plc reaches an incredible amount of people each day through content that resonates and a tone/style that engages. Each day, as well as creating all the content you would expect from a vibrant network of websites, we work with well-known brands to create content that helps them reach their target audience with content that rings true with our readers, our brands and the aims of the campaign.
The Manchester and Huddersfield region is one that is important to regional and national advertisers and we are increasingly seeing native or sponsored content playing a key role in multi-platform and multi-faceted marketing campaigns. The role of the Commercial Editor is crucial in the delivery of successful client campaigns and in the widening of the reach of the overall network.
The purpose of the role is to take the lead on high-quality commercial content that works for our clients; identify, advise on and create commercial ideas, work with regional and national commercial teams to deliver multi-platform commercial packages, suggest, create, oversee and publish editorial which meets client expectations, manage or oversee social media commercial uploads, advise and feedback on content performance through the use of analytics.
- Deliver first-class commercial sponsored and native content across brands and platforms to deadline and in keeping with agreed workflows, schedules and codes of compliance
- Ensure efficient and effective publication and social sharing of all digital sponsored content, in communication with the digital publishing and audience engagement teams
- Ensure efficient and effective delivery of all commercial features, supplements and special publications, in communication with the print publishing unit
- Maintain an effective forward-planning schedule for regular commercial content
- Build strong working relationships with the commercial team and work with them to support and grow revenues
- Build strong working relationships with the events team and help to coordinate editorial coverage to promote events
- Forge strong relationships with senior members of the region’s business community
- Act as an ambassador for brands and represent the company at external events as required
- Support and contribute to new revenue-generating ideas and initiatives
- Assist in forming mutually-beneficial partnerships with companies and organisations
- Manage commercial writers, providing clear briefings and feedback on content requirements as well as appropriate pastoral care and line management
The Ideal Candidate
- Experienced in delivering high-quality commercial content previously
- You will have the experience and confidence to manage and maintain editorial, ethical and legal standards across commercial content platforms
- Experienced and confident in leading and driving sales pitches
- Able to collaborate closely with centrally-led commercial initiatives
In addition to competitive salaries, bonus structures (if applicable) and a contributory pension scheme, Reach plc offer a whole host of voluntary flexible benefits. These include a car scheme, holiday purchase, childcare vouchers, cycle scheme, staff discounts, season tickets & parking loans and an employee assistance programme.
We are committed to equal opportunity for all. We may collect relevant data for monitoring as part of our candidate registration process. We will be reviewing applications as they are received so please don't delay in submitting your application.
Want more Commercial Editor- Manchester Evening News jobs?
Want to find more Digital Editor jobs, Assistant Editor jobs, Commissioning Editor jobs, Editor jobs, Editorial Assistant jobs, Features Editor jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.