Commercial Art Director for GQ and Wired
GQ and WIRED are looking for a strong Commercial Art Director to oversee the design team’s project workflow and manage team responsibilities as needed.
The candidate will be responsible for managing the branded content and partnerships art team across two of the most successful brands in the UK and overseeing the project plans from a creative point of view.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Build, develop and maintain relationships with key talent, agencies and all relevant possible commercial contributors
- An existing network of creative contributors (such as directors and photographers) to approach for campaigns is essential
- It will be important to work closely alongside the commercial and creative teams to develop and build print, digital and video pitches, including mock ups if needed or requested by the client
- Art Direction – must be willing to attend and art direct on location for print and video shoots in order to maintain the high quality and brand aesthetic that is expected of GQ and WIRED, as well as meeting client expectations
- Manage and oversee all planned production for commercial projects and video shoots (to include mood boards, storyboards, creative treatments and oversight of scripts where necessary)
- Develop a productive working relationship with editorial and managing editors to establish and maintain a strong line of communication
- Act as a senior representative of the GQ and WIRED commercial teams externally and set a strong example for more junior team members internally, helping them in their career development
- An ability and willingness to work on cross platform elements included for each commercial project and assist where needed with digital delivery.
- Continually be mindful of working to improve process as the types of work we are required to carry out continue to evolve
- Help to advise and assist with design approach for social media platforms when needed and develop knowledge connected to these key developing platforms. In particular Facebook Live, IGTV and Insta Stories.
Essential Skills & Requirements
- Have a deep understanding of the GQ and WIRED brands
- Strong leadership skills required to run the design team
- Strong experience working on shoot and video productions
- Must demonstrate a flexible attitude along with a willingness to work outside of hours when required for shoots and pitch work to support a dynamic team
- Working across print and digital platforms
- Confident in developing ideas for brand pitches.
Closing 18 April 2019
- Creative Recruitment
- £49,000 to 50,000 p/a
Lead Designer/Art Director
Closing 20 April 2019
- £39,000 to 40,000 p/a
Want more Commercial Art Director jobs?
Want to find more Art Director jobs, Digital Art Director jobs, Fashion Art Director jobs, Gaming Art Director jobs, Broadcast Art Director jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.