Color & Materials Designer - HOKA
The Color and Materials Designer is responsible for the final execution of Footwear at HOKA, scrutinizing the colors, materials and finishes. They will create compelling seasonal color and material stories, palettes and product that celebrates HOKA and appeals to our diverse range of wearers. The individual will have an eye for detail and be involved in all stages of the product creation process, from initial trend research, to theme creation, material specification and final execution of colors and finishes for production. They will work closely with the brand design team and together create products that enable a world of athletes to fly over the earth.
- Creating seasonal color and materials directions, stories and palettes for footwear.
- To develop and continually update the core color and material palettes.
- To understand and develop unique approaches to color and finishes specific to HOKA.
- To color footwear on a seasonal basis and when SMU requests arise.
- Deliver compelling presentations to inform broader teams on seasonal color and materials direction and reasoning.
- Present merchandised range both internally and externally to key stakeholders.
- Responsible for completing color CADs and material maps with a high level of accuracy.
- Work collaboratively with design to deliver color and material finishes that elevate their work.
- Work with the development and material teams to help ensure material and color execution matches intention.
- Work with the PLM team to ensure a cohesive range is developed that meets commercial needs and brings fresh eyes to the brand.
- Identify relevant trends in colors, materials and finishes and incorporate appropriately within the range.
- Work with materials suppliers to understand material execution and develop new solutions.
- To coordinate external resources to ensure all products are finished on time, to the appropriate standard.
- Oversee pattern development where needed, working with graphic designers.
- Travel to markets, shows and other venues domestically and internationally to research color and materials execution and ensure its relevance.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in industrial design, footwear design, fashion, graphic design or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 4 years related experience in color, materials and/or product design.
- Experience in performance product desirable.
Designer II, Snkrs
Closing 21 September 2019
- New York
Basketball Footwear Designer II - Nike Innovation (NXT)
Closing 20 September 2019
Want more Color & Materials Designer - HOKA jobs?
Want to find more Product Designer jobs, Digital Designer jobs, Interactive Designer jobs, Interface (UI) Designer jobs, User Experience (UX) Designer jobs, Accessories Designer jobs, Footwear Designer jobs, Colour Grader jobs, Colour Stylist jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.