Color Designer 2
Become part of the Converse Team:
Converse is a place to explore potential, break barriers and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At Converse, it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving world to make things better as a team.
Without You, We’d Just Be Collectors of Our Own Stuff:
Business equals selling stuff. That’s the basic model. The more complex awesome model is creating stuff that people identify with and then you figuring out how to get it to them. We need people like you: creative, dynamic problem solvers who see it as more than business. Who see it as giving people the tools of self-expression and individuality.
Converse is the story of a sneaker that started on the court and moved to the stage and street. We’re a company ready for change and that’s who we hire: the most malleable, the most innovative, and the most creative. Our clothes and sneakers have been worn by rebels, rockers, rappers, artists, thinkers, and individuals. So that’s why we hire individuals. So we’re speaking the same language.
Art School Finally Pays Off:
That art school word ‘aesthetic’ comes in handy again. The look and feel of Converse gets funneled through this crew. From Events to Online to Retail to Photography to Messaging, Brand Design is the artistic hand on the color wheel. If you’re looking for a motley band of artists and thinkers, then look no further. We all know what “aesthetic” means, too. We just don’t use it because it’s cheesy.
As the Color Designer 2 in the global Converse design team you’ll elevate the Converse product experience with a focus on both the art & science of Color. You will drive color excellence through deep connection with consumers and bring to life the seasonal category color direction with collaborative partnerships with category business teams, development and manufacturing.
- Color specialist. Color merchandising and strategy at the category level.
- Participates in the development of seasonal color direction and palettes. Creates the category color strategy and application.
- Utilizes strong understanding of color technology and how to achieve desired color effects: materials, dyes, finishes and color achievability.
- Plans and executes the product color details and reviews samples, troubleshoots achievability issues.
- Builds awareness of current color trends, through fashion, art, design and sports-related products through market research to stay ahead of consumer needs.
- Uses proven presentation skills to varied audiences.
- Is enthusiastic & inspiring.
- Bachelors degree preferred.
- Minimum of 3-5 years in a design related field.
- Must be computer literate using Macintosh computer design applications.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
- A passion of streetwear, sport and/or fashion is a plus.
Converse is more than a company; it’s a worldwide advocate for self-expression. This belief motivates our employees, permeates our working environment and inspires our products. No two of us look or think exactly alike. We are each one-of-a-kind. Individually and as a culture, we have the freedom to create and grow professionally. Generous benefits packages only sweeten the experience. From Boston to Shanghai, from Brand Design to Finance, Converse is a brand that celebrates the unique and creative people of the world. Together, we’re different.
UX Director – Customer Support Experience
Closing 19 September 2019
- New York
Product Designer – Data Infrastructure
Closing 19 September 2019
- New York
Want more Color Designer 2 jobs?
Want to find more Digital Designer jobs, Interactive Designer jobs, Interface (UI) Designer jobs, User Experience (UX) Designer jobs, Colour Grader jobs, Colour Stylist jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.