Creative Assembly are looking for a Cinematic Artist to join our Total War cinematics team. This role is based in our studio in Horsham, West Sussex.
This is a fantastic opportunity to be a key member of the studios established cinematics team, creating amazing in-engine trailers and cutscenes for Total War.
Working closely with Marketing and Dev teams, you will be part of the team responsible for taking assets through from concept to final renders. As well as assisting with a variety of motion graphics, 2d art and gameplay feature related tasks.
As part of the cinematics team, you will be expected to work both independently and as a group on larger projects.
On a day-to-day basis you will:
- Create assets of varying sizes, from screenshots to character driven trailers
- Work closely with our cinematic animators to help plan and execute shoots in our motion capture studio
- Use our bespoke in-engine cinematic toolset to lay out scenes, animate cameras and set up lighting and VFX
- Work with our tools programmers to help develop features and functionality
Knowledge, Skill and Experience:
- Excellent camera animation skills
- Good eye for scene composition
- Good understanding of storytelling techniques
- Experience with Adobe Premiere or other similar video editing software
- Experience using a graph editor for animation
- Excellent written English
- Photoshop and After Effects
- Working experience with lighting and post processing
- Motion Graphics
- Formal Art training
- Experience modding or with game engines e.g. Unreal Engine
- Filming, directing, sound recording and shoot-planning for traditional video
- Love of games (especially Total War)
Note: Applications for this role must include a portfolio/showreel (or link to a portfolio/showreel). Applications that do not have this information will not be considered.
Creative Assembly is about the right people making the best games. We are united through our values; Quality, Focus, Teamwork, Respect and Trust.
We house many talented people, from trainees to industry veterans who constantly challenge us and make sure we are striving for the best within our games and our studio life.
Winner of multiple Best Place to Work Awards, we have studio sites in Horsham UK and Sofia Bulgaria, including a number of bespoke state-of-the-art audio suites and a dedicated motion capture site.
Currently we are working fully remotely, and we continue to assess the COVID-19 situation with the safety of our staff our number one priority. We are still actively recruiting and onboarding new staff each week. Our expert IT and HR teams will set you up with everything you need to join remotely whether you will need to relocate to the UK (or within the UK) now, or at a later date.
We offer many benefits to support you and your family including:
- Bespoke relocation package for you and your dependents, with support throughout the process from our dedicated Relocation Specialists
- Enhanced maternity and paternity leave, private medical and dental insurance, life insurance, permanent health insurance, critical illness cover and free health care screening
- Generous holiday allowance plus full studio closure over the Christmas and New Year period, and all UK Bank holidays
- Annual discretionary studio bonus
- Join our award-winning education and social responsibility programme; the Legacy Project, as an industry ambassador to mentor and educate others
- Defined career development pathways and personalised training support including; SEGA Dev Day, internal masterclasses, prestigious creative workshops, on-site training with renowned specialists and global conference attendance
- Opportunity to join our Diversity and Inclusion Network – an employee-led group
- Season ticket travel loans and cycle to work scheme with free bike servicing and discounted car valet service on site
- Free games and merchandise plus access to our extensive games library
- Free breakfast every day - toast, bagels, pancakes, cereals, yoghurts, fresh fruit, smoothies, juices, milkshakes and more in our fully stocked kitchen*
- Wellbeing support with an employee assistance programme and onsite confidential sessions
- In-studio heavily subsidised massage therapy*
- Discounts for home technology, travel insurance, corporate gym membership, cinema tickets, holidays, trips out and Ikea vouchers, and many local businesses including estate agents
- Studio parties for you and your family; such as our Summer Festival, Christmas Party plus a separate Children’s Christmas Party. We also have Cinema days and wrap parties for game releases*
- Studio community activities such as free Japanese lessons, life drawing, creative writing, Pilates, Walking Challenges, Couch to 5k, basketball, game and movie evenings, board game club, 5-a-side football, CA Choir, Sword fighting (yes, sword fighting) and loads more*
*some of the above in-studio benefits are on hold while we work remotely during COVID-19.
Our studio sites have disabled access. We are an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.
Want more Cinematic Artist jobs?
Want to find more 2D Artist jobs, 3D Artist jobs, Artist jobs, Animation Artist jobs, Concept Artist jobs, Layout Artist jobs, Special Effects Artist jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.