At DreamWorks Animation Television, our Character TD works closely with the Global VFX Supervisor, CG Asset Supervisor, CG Animation Director and/or Animation Supervisor and Partner Studio(s) to build rigs for characters and complex props. The Character TD ensures that all deliverables align with the production’s schedule, technical specifications, and creative vision of the series.
DreamWorks Animation Television has an exciting new opportunity for a Character TD to join its team based in Glendale, CA. This position is covered by the Animation Guild.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for character and prop setup including rigging, weighting and skinning.
- Work with Partner Studio(s) to create and implement assets.
- Utilize Python scripting to implement new tools, and update and support existing pipeline tools.
- Work closely with Partner Studio(s) to ensure all character TD work adheres to the creative and technical specifications of the production while ensuring scheduled deadlines are met.
- Provide recommendations and suggestions for designs and animatics, making sure they align with the production’s schedule.
- Document workflows and processes using Camtasia video and Publisher software.
- Review and provide noted direction on assets created by our Partner Studio(s).
- Responsible for cloth simulations on custom in-house shots.
- Create and troubleshoot simplified crowd rigs for use with Golaem crowd software.
- Serve as rigging point person in show specific meetings and reviews.
- Collaborate with the Leads and Artists in other CG disciplines to help establish processes and pipeline integration during the course of RnD, prebuild for new shows and existing show production.
● Extensive Maya knowledge.
● Strong knowledge of IK and FK systems.
● Experience with skin weights.
● Strong aesthetic ability.
● Strong Python scripting ability.
● Ability to troubleshoot and resolve unexpected technical problems.
● Prior experience working in a fast paced production environment.
● Strong attention to detail and outstanding organizational skills.
● Excellent verbal and written communication skills and enjoys working in a team environment.
● At least 3 years of experience in television animation, feature animation, VFX, and/or video games.
● Experience with asset management software, Shotgun preferred.
● Knowledge of Golaem preferred.
● Interest in custom tool creation.
● Experience working with international Partner Studio(s) is a plus.
● Bachelor’s degree preferred.
DreamWorks Animation TV Production
From the award-winning storytellers, artist and innovators at DreamWorks Animation and DreamWorks Animation Television come the beloved characters and stories that come alive on the big and small screens. From films like Shrek, How to Train Your Dragon and Trolls to original TV series including Trollhunters, Voltron and Home: Adventures with Tip & Oh, DreamWorks Animation continues to bring home the laughter, fun and courage to dream.
DreamWorks is a division of NBCUniversal. At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
Sr Motion Graphics Designer-CNN Digital
Closing 2 June 2020
Lead Animator, Motion Graphics
Closing 2 June 2020
- ESPN Sports Media Ltd
Want more Character TD jobs?
Want to find more Digital Technical Director jobs, Technical Director jobs, CG Rigger jobs, Character Animator jobs, Character Designer jobs, Rigger jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.