Character TD (Rigger) (DNEG Animation)
Since 2014, DNEG Animation has been collaborating with filmmakers and IP owners to create high-end animated content. Currently in production on major animated projects we are looking for new talent to join our growing team. Thriving on collaboration and the creative energy it provides, we will craft together spectacular visuals and bring to life the vision of both major Hollywood studios and independent productions! Visit our website to find out more about Animation at DNEG.
Having established ourselves as a key player in Animation, we rely on our talented Character TD’s to create animation rigs for characters, creatures, props and vehicles that bring an Animated story to life.
Our team use their thorough knowledge of their character specializations to develop, test and maintain character motion and deformation set ups. Working closely with our Modelling team, Rigging Supervisors and Animation Leads/Supervisors, our Character TDs help to develop new techniques to create better and more efficient rigs to streamline the production process.
From time to time it may be a requirement to implement proprietary tools to aid in the creation of animation rigs. You’ll be experienced enough to anticipate and communicate any pipeline issues and ensure adherence to the Animation production pipeline protocols.
- Proven years of experience with major character or creature projects.
- Thorough knowledge of your area of character specialisation (body anatomy, facial expression, object orientated scripting, tool management).
- Experience collaborating with Animation to develop intuitive motion systems and character deformation.
- Full working knowledge of Maya with elemental scripting skills using Python or Mel.
- Strong visual and artistic skills, and must be comfortable with the technical aspects of character/creature work where appropriate.
- Familiarity with pipeline issues and a big character/creature heavy post-production environment.
Nice to Have:
- Programming/scripting skills (Python, Maya aPI, C++) for module and tool development.
- Cloth Simulation experience using nCloth, Houdini or similar.
- Experience in Unreal Engine or other real-time rendering softwares.
- Team oriented.
- Works well without constant supervision.
- Proactive and a good communicator.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Adaptable at handling different tasks and expectations.
- Good attention to detail.
- Resourceful and a good problem solver.
We are DNEG, one of the world’s leading visual effects and animation studios for the creation of feature film, television and multiplatform content. We employ nearly 7,000 people with worldwide offices and studios across North America (Los Angeles, Montréal, Toronto, Vancouver), Europe (London) and Asia (Bangalore, Chandigarh, Chennai, Mumbai).
Other jobs you may be interested in
Animation Supervisor (DNEG Animation)
Closing 13 December 2021
Motion Graphic Artist
Closing 20 December 2021
- Leeds / Flexible Remote
- perm, from remote
Closing 13 December 2021
Want more Character TD (Rigger) (DNEG Animation) jobs?
Want to find more Digital Technical Director jobs, Technical Director jobs, Animation Director jobs, Animator jobs, CG Animator jobs, CG Rigger jobs, Character Animator jobs, Character Designer jobs, Rigger jobs, Special Effects Animator jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.