Character Rigger/Technical Artist
Ambassadors is looking for a full-time Character Rigger/Technical Artist to join the 3D team in Amsterdam.
About the role:
As a Character Rigger/Technical Artist at Ambassadors, you will develop and maintain our rigging pipeline to help the 3D team take animated shots to the next level.
You’ll work for a wide range of brand and creative agency clients – from CG product devices to animation of characters, mounts and creatures – and tackling general technical challenges and automating processes through tool development will be part of your daily routine.
This is for someone with a technical and creative mind, who is passionate about crafting 3D art, is happy working in a team, and loves testing and solving challenges.
Day-to-day tasks will include:
- Working on rigging a wide variety of projects using Maya and Python.
- Assisting the Modelling team in giving you the best topology possible.
- Creating artist-friendly rigs that satisfy production needs.
- Developing new techniques and processes to advance the quality of our creative productions.
- Working closely with directors and producers to identify and prioritize creative tasks.
- Solving day-to-day technical problems related to CG that may arise during production.
- Liaising with concept artists and animators about the physical attributes and movements of characters.
- Designing, testing and maintaining character set ups.
- Facial target modeling.
- You have at least five years of professional experience working as an animator, or with animators/CG artists.
- Experience with Maya and Python, the mGear framework and Houdini is a plus.
- Your demo-reel shows a wide selection of character rigs, from creatures to highly stylised characters.
- Solid knowledge of human and animal anatomy, able to express character and emotion through motion.
- You have knowledge of setting up cartoon-styled rigs with high range flexibility.
- Able to work within an established art style and deliver clear and concise production art.
- You get energy from solving technical challenges and finding effective and efficient solutions.
- You’re a good team collaborator, able to take direction as well as clearly communicate ideas.
- You can communicate well in English and have an eligible working visa for the Netherlands.
Ambassadors is a creative production studio with an international team of artists, composers, designers, directors, and developers who thrive working together to solve today’s creative challenges for brands and agencies. Founded in 2007 and with three studios across Amsterdam and New York, we’re driven by the belief that craft makes all the difference.
What we offer:
- A role in a dynamic, friendly creative studio that’s helping shape award-winning commercial creativity with the world’s biggest brands and agencies.
- The opportunity to work on a diverse range of different character styles, from cartoony to highly realistic, helping us raise our character work to a whole new level.
- Hands-on experience in a multidisciplinary team of international colleagues.
- Flexible remote working for now, with the opportunity to work occasionally from our Ambassadors East Studio.
If you’re excited about taking on this role, we’d love to hear from you!
Ambassadors is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to supporting diversity and inclusion across race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, or any other category. In doing so, we can help make a positive cultural change in our company and through the creative campaigns we share with the world. Please refrain from adding a photo or your age to your application.
Other jobs you may be interested in
3D Character Artist, Facebook Reality Labs - Avatars
Closing 22 December 2021
- £20,000 to 30,000 per annum
Video Editor & Motion Graphic Designer – Part Remote
Closing 22 December 2021
- Canterbury / Remote
- perm, from remote
- £28,000 to 30,000 per annum
SAFe Product Owner / Technical Lead
Closing 21 December 2021
Want more Character Rigger/Technical Artist jobs?
Want to find more 2D Artist jobs, 3D Artist jobs, Artist jobs, 3D Designer jobs, Digital Artist jobs, Technical Manager jobs, Animation Artist jobs, CG Rigger jobs, Character Animator jobs, Character Designer jobs, Rigger jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.