We are BossAlien, part of the NaturalMotion family. Our mission is to bring AAA console visuals and deep compelling gameplay to mobile platforms. For the past four years NaturalMotion Studios have been named one of the Best Places to Work in the UK games industry by gamesindustry.biz.
Hiring Update: The safety of our candidates and team members is our top priority. During the COVID-19 pandemic, our workforce transitioned to working from home, with all interviewing and onboarding being conducted virtually until further notice.
We are looking for Character Modeller to join us at BossAlien, a division of NaturalMotion, in creating Star Wars™: Hunters, a competitive arena combat game for the Nintendo Switch system and mobile devices. Star Wars: Hunters will bring players together to engage in thrilling, team-based, multiplayer battles featuring a diverse array of distinctive new Star Wars characters.
Key Roles & Responsibilities:
- Produce multiple levels of detail while maintaining the highest possible visual quality
- Optimize models and textures to meet the specifications
- Ensure textures display correctly across all required mobile-device resolutions
- Collaborate with Engineers, Designers and Producers to ensure consistent product vision
- Identify production and pipeline issues and communicate them appropriately
- Participate in art reviews and respond to critical feedback in a professional manner and contribute feedback to your peers
Required Skills & Experience:
- Experience working as a Character Modeller on several titles
- Exceptional 3D skills
- Self-organised and willing to participate in team meetings
- Strong visual sense for character design
- Expert attention to detail in all aspects of UV Mapping, textures, shaders and LOD’s
- Exceptional understanding of shape, structure and silhouette regarding modelling
- You have an extraordinary understanding of form and anatomy
- You’re passionate about – and have good knowledge of character design, art and culture
- An excellent portfolio which validates that you have a good knowledge of character creation in different styles
- Experience in dealing with outsourced character models, giving reviews and feedback
Desirable Skills & Experience
- A passion for games and Star wars
What do we offer?
- Competitive salary, discretionary annual bonus scheme, Zynga stock allocation and Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Contributory pension scheme
- 25 days holiday, plus public holidays and Christmas shutdown
- Private medical care, dental and healthcare cash plan
- Life insurance, critical illness insurance and income protection
- 6 months fully paid maternity leave or 3 months fully paid paternity leave
- Discounted gym membership and free weekly (virtual) fitness classes
- Annual season ticket loan and cycle to work scheme
- Flexible working hours
- Summer and Christmas parties
We are an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to building a diverse and talented workforce. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, colour, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, disability, or any other class or characteristic protected by applicable law. We welcome job-seekers, players, employees, and partners from all backgrounds to join us!
We will consider all qualified job-seekers with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with physical or mental disabilities in order to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.
Other jobs you may be interested in
Senior Character Artist
Closing 20 November 2021
Environment Artists - New Sci-fi FPS IP
Closing 8 December 2021
Closing 8 December 2021
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.