Character Artist - New IP
Position at Creative Assembly.
Creative Assembly’s award-winning team behind Alien: Isolation are exploring new frontiers with a brand-new and exciting First-Person Tactical Shooter IP.
We are looking for an experienced and accomplished character artist to make their mark on our new undisclosed IP, working with Creative Assembly’s multi-award-winning team and contributing to the creation of genre-defining games. The right candidate should be able to demonstrate excellent creative, technical and visual skill. You will be an accomplished artist with a passion for creating characters/creatures with the ability to produce stunning, high quality and efficient game content.
Please ensure you provide a portfolio along with your application.
As a Character Artist you will have a proven track record producing 3D character assets for AAA titles. You will be responsible for the creation of all character content, playable and non-playable characters.
Communication and collaboration are critical to the success of this role. You will be a proactive team player, working closely with cross-discipline teams to create high fidelity, believable, character content, work with technical animation team to create solid placeholder meshes that work within any rig restrictions as well as the technical art team, providing workflow improvement suggestions to improve productivity.
Knowledge, Skill and Experience:
- All applicants should have an up to date portfolio.
- Exceptional Artistic ability.
- Demonstrable organic modelling ability.
- Developed understanding of contemporary workflows and processes.
- Expert knowledge of 3DS Max/Maya.
- Expert knowledge of Zbrush.
- Expert knowledge of Marvelous Designer.
- A practical, working knowledge of Substance Painter or Designer.
- A strong comprehension of PBR.
- Experience with current commercial games engines.
- Willingness to learn new tools and pipelines.
We offer a fully bespoke funded relocation package for you and your dependants and you’ll be supported through the process with our dedicated Relocation Specialist.
We also have an excellent range of benefits to support your work life balance, including:
- Generous holiday allowance plus full studio closure over the Christmas and New Year period, as all UK Bank holidays.
- Annual discretionary studio bonus.
- Defined career development pathways and personalised training support so you can truly excel in your area of expertise.
- Support in Learning and Development; internal masterclasses, prestigious creative workshops to inspire and enthuse including internal programming conferences, on-site training with renowned specialists as well as global conference attendance.
- Private medical and dental insurance, life insurance, permanent health insurance, critical illness cover and free health care screening.
- Season ticket travel loans and cycle to work scheme.
- Free bike servicing and discounted car valet service on site.
- Free games and merchandise plus access to our extensive games library.
- Free breakfast every day - toast, bagels, pancakes, cereals, yoghurts, fresh fruit, smoothies, juices, milkshakes and more in our fully stocked kitchen.
- An employee assistance programme and onsite wellbeing sessions.
- In-studio heavily subsidised massage therapy.
- Discounts portal giving access to a wide range of extras such as heavily discounted home technology, travel insurance, corporate gym membership, cinema tickets, holidays, trips out and Ikea vouchers.
- Amazing studio parties such as our CA Summer Festival, a Christmas Party for you and your partner plus a separate Children’s Christmas Party. We also have our wrap parties for all our releases.
- Free Japanese lessons, life drawing, creative writing and Pilates classes.
- A range of CA Social events including the annual sponsored Walking Challenge to 100Km, Couch to 5k in our beautiful local park, basketball, game and movie evenings, board game club, 5-a-side football, CA Choir, Sword fighting (yes, sword fighting) and loads more.
- We offer discounts with local businesses, including estate agents and local shops to support our local economy.
We are Creative Assembly:
We gather the greatest talent out there, coming together to craft authentic and detailed experiences of the highest quality.
We focus on our strengths and embrace our uniqueness, collaborating across teams and giving everyone the trust and respect to be masters of their craft.
Our values form the foundation of our culture and ethos:
- Quality - Everything we do is about quality, from individual actions to final products, we take pride in the detail and authenticity of all our creations.
- Focus - We focus on our strengths as a studio. Our teams might work across different projects, but our goals and vision should be clear for everyone.
- Teamwork - We are a collective who thrive working across teams, empowering each other to succeed.
- Respect - Respect at CA is given as a default, we respect each other as diverse and unique individuals, who come together to create games our fans will love.
- Trust - Alongside respect, we trust each other, our teams and our leaders as experts of their craft. Everyone is given creative autonomy and freedom to make a real contribution to our projects and our legacy.
Our studio sites have disabled access. We are an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.
Trainee Motion Graphics Designer
Closing 26 December 2019
VFX Artist - New IP
Closing 26 December 2019
Want more Character Artist - New IP jobs?
Want to find more 3D Artist jobs, Gaming Artist jobs, Animation Artist jobs, Character Animator jobs, Character Designer jobs, Layout Artist jobs, Make-up Artist jobs, Special Effects Artist jobs, Texture Artist/Texture Painter jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.