Campaigns Manager, Government Affairs and Public Policy
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience working on campaigns in the policy and political arenas.
- Project management experience.
- Experience working with international teams and a variety of stakeholders, and executing strategies to deliver solutions.
- Ability to evaluate issues independently and quickly.
- Ability to collaborate with multiple teams simultaneously.
- Ability to exercise good judgment in a rapidly changing environment.
- Excellent personal, analytical and communication skills and high attention to detail.
About the job:
As a member of Google’s Government Affairs and Public Policy team, you'll be part of a diverse global government affairs team, working across regions, product areas, and functions. You’ll combine creativity and intellectual rigor with the organizational skills to manage various campaigns, projects and initiatives. In this role, you’ll advocate for Google to bring external perspectives back into the company to inform our perception and direction. You're passionate about the opportunity to shape the future of how we use and build technology for everyone.
As Campaigns Manager for Government Affairs and Public Policy, you will plan and manage political campaigning in Google: helping develop tools, spot opportunities, manage overlap, and use budget effectively. In addition, you will help regional campaign leads run ongoing political campaigns on policy and legislative issues globally.
You'll help the campaign team spot the risks and opportunities of campaigns. You'll also develop goals and strategy with policy and product leads, and manage the campaign itself.
Google takes its responsibilities seriously, including engaging with government and other stakeholders on important public policy challenges. The Government Affairs and Public Policy (GAPP) team leads the company’s engagement with executive branch officials, legislators, regulators and third-parties in the formation of public policy. Working closely with Google leaders, GAPP seeks to identify key policy issues, listen carefully to others’ views and opinions, and distill and share the company’s perspective on those issues with external stakeholders. While we focus on challenges affecting the internet, our issue areas are increasingly broad and encompass many areas where public policy, business, and technology intersect.
- Work with regional and country policy leads and policy planners to improve our foresight and ability to proactively plan campaigns.
- Develop definitions of campaign work and criteria for triggering a campaign.
- Develop tools which Google can use on any campaign. Manage campaign budgets.
- Support the director in ensuring we have good global oversight of how different regional campaigns interact with one another.
- Develop and deliver comms tools. Support the Campaigns team to develop mechanisms and metrics, spot risks and kick off campaigns early.
Social Media Customer Team Lead
Closing 10 January 2020
- Just Eat
Junior Creative - Social
Closing 11 January 2020
- Ogilvy UK
Want more Campaigns Manager, Government Affairs and Public Policy jobs?
Want to find more Affiliate Executive jobs, Affiliate Manager jobs, Digital Campaign Executive jobs, Digital Campaign Manager jobs, Social Media Executive jobs, Social Media Manager jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.