The CG Supervisor works with the VFX Supervisor and Producer and is responsible for all CG aspects of a VFX film. The role includes developing, maintaining or improving techniques and providing team-building through developing structure, Lead artist roles and delegation. The CG Supervisor also works with the Producer to facilitate the scheduling of artists and resources and works with the VFX Supervisor to provide artistic and technical notes and direction to the team. The CG Supervisor is also involved in client interactions in order to represent Framestore's capabilities both technically and creatively.
- Work with the VFX Supervisor to explore and create the look of a film to a client's requirements and specifications.
- Work and deal with clients to receive the brief, discuss Framestore's capabilities and determine the deadlines for delivery.
- Work closely with Producers, artists and other necessary departments in creating high quality visual effects.
- Provide clear direction to all CG departments, setting clear objectives and monitoring the process, progress and results.
- Evaluate the creative requirements of a project, determine the technical implications and make high-level operational decisions (e.g. the balance between third party tools versus proprietary development and the selection of specific technical methodologies).
- Clearly brief developers on r&d and pipeline requirements.
- Determine, modify and maintain the most effective and efficient technical approach and workflow possible.
- Conduct reviews as final quality control on all deliveries of shots prior to VFX Supervisor and client review.
- Eliminate potential problems in pipeline tools before they impact on production.
- Assist in the recruitment of 3D artists to ensure the right fit, skills and experience required for projects and teams.
- Extensive production experience in a similar or relevant position.
- The ability to review other artists' work and ensure a high standard both artistically and technically.
- A thorough understanding of the entire visual effects process and the ability to interpret the artistic brief from the VFX Supervisor.
- Good technical understanding of CG pipelines and the ability to specify efficient workflows and identify additional tools.
- A good knowledge and experience of all areas of 3D (modeling, rigging, texturing, look development, environments, creature FX, lighting and FX).
- An understanding of the 2D pipeline.
- An excellent understanding of photography and film with strong artistic skills including knowledge of colour, lighting, perspective, scale and composition.
- Previous experience working within production leadership teams and meeting schedule and budget requirements.
- Excellent organisational, communication and project management skills.
- A working knowledge of the latest CG procedures and techniques.
- Proven creative ability and artistic flair.
- The ability to write code and assist in tool/pipeline r&d development.
- Experience with a wide variety of software and render packages.
Framestore is proud to employ extraordinary talent across all genders, races, nationalities, religions, ages, abilities and sexual preferences. We aim to encourage and support all of our current and future employees to achieve their potential. No job applicant will receive less favourable treatment on any basis when applying for a career with us.
Animator (Feature Animation)
Closing 14 August 2019
Lead Animator (Feature Animation)
Closing 14 August 2019
Want more CG Supervisor jobs?
Want to find more CG Animator jobs, CG Lighter jobs, CG Modeller jobs, CG Painter jobs, CG Renderer jobs, CG Rigger jobs, CG Textures jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.