Ambassadors is looking for a CG supervisor to lead a team of CG artists in Amsterdam.
About the role:
As CG Supervisor, you’ll use your industry experience and expert eye to supervise and support Ambassadors' CG artists in all aspects of production including modelling, texturing, rigging, animation, look development, lighting, and FX, across a range of high-end creative advertising content for brands and agencies.
As well as crafting shots yourself, a huge part of this role is being a team leader and mentor to help our CG artists hone their techniques and develop their skills. You’ll assist in reviewing dailies and ongoing work and be a key part of the client feedback and approval process.
In addition to working closely with your team of artists, you’ll also work alongside other supervisors to define the best creative and technical approaches to projects, and collaborate with the production team to ensure that schedules are realistic and the right artist is matched with the right task.
Day-to-day tasks may also include:
- Working on bidding, pitching and winning projects working with the creative team, often taking part in client meetings.
- Supervising technical aspects of VFX projects, including on set supervision, when required.
- Working closely with the production team on planning CG projects.
- Shot look development for complex CG shots and sequences.
- Leading a team of CG artists during the shot production phase.
- Working on shots of a high level of complexity; this role will also involve hands on shot production work on both your and at time other CG Supervisor's projects when needed.
- Working closely with the 2D team throughout the project, with a focus on creating the highest quality images in the most efficient way possible, taking into account the creative, budget and time considerations of each project.
- Troubleshooting projects when they are challenged, working with the producers and supervisors to deliver projects on time and with high quality CG.
- Managing and mentoring CG artists performance, working closely with the Head of CG.
- At least five years of CG experience using Maya or Houdini on live-action commercials and animation productions.
- In-depth knowledge of a selection of industry tools eg: Vray (or other renderer), Mari, Substance, Zbrush, Deadline, Maya plugins, Nuke, Python.
- A strong sense of aesthetic and desire to push boundaries in creative CG.
- Knowledge of the entire creative production process, including working with creative, compositing, production and the client approval process.
- A creative problem solver with good attention to detail, even under deadline pressure.
- An experienced creative eye and passion for CG that sees you up-to-date on new creative technology and hardware/software tools, so you can inspire your team.
- Willing to work within a Shotgun-managed pipeline, which you’ll help to guide the development of.
- You can communicate well in English and have an eligible working visa for the Netherlands.
Ambassadors is a creative production studio with an international team of artists, composers, designers, directors, and developers who thrive working together to solve today’s creative challenges for brands and agencies. Founded in 2007 and with three studios across Amsterdam and New York, we’re driven by the belief that craft makes all the difference.
What we offer:
- A role in a dynamic, friendly and creative studio that’s helping shape award-winning commercial creativity with the world’s biggest brands and agencies.
- Hands-on experience leading a multidisciplinary team of international colleagues.
- A mix of flexible remote working and working with the team at our beautiful Ambassadors East studio.
If you’re excited about taking on this role, we’d love to hear from you!
Ambassadors is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to supporting diversity and inclusion across race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, or any other category. In doing so, we can help make a positive cultural change in our company and through the creative campaigns we share with the world. Please refrain from adding a photo or your age to your application.
Other jobs you may be interested in
Motion Graphics Designer
Closing 22 December 2021
- Wunderman Thompson
Senior CG Generalist
Closing 21 December 2021
- Saddington Baynes
Character Rigger/Technical Artist
Closing 24 November 2021
- Amsterdam / Remote
- perm, from remote
Want more CG Supervisor jobs?
Want to find more CG Animator jobs, CG Lighter jobs, CG Modeller jobs, CG Painter jobs, CG Renderer jobs, CG Rigger jobs, CG Textures jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.