Business Development Lead - Transportation
We are expanding the Airbnb offering by creating an end-to-end transportation experience for travelers that’s simple, seamless, and inspiring. Never in the history of the online travel industry has a transportation business started with millions of customers and we see this as a monumental opportunity. This is a new team at Airbnb and we know founding team members have a tremendous influence on our long-term success. Your contributions will help establish a major component of the travel offering at Airbnb both within the product and at the company.
We are seeking a Business Development Lead to build partnerships for a new transportation business for Airbnb.
This qualified person will play a critical role in originating and cultivating external relationships with potential partners in the transportation and aviation industry as we expand our new travel-centric offerings. Partnerships in this area will be a critical part of finding and delivering the right experience to customers. The Business Development lead will build key partnerships end-to-end, including developing strategy, building out a team to execute on deals, and carrying partnerships through from contract to execution. Success in the role requires relationship management skills, an entrepreneur mindset, savvy negotiating skills, and the ability to successfully navigate the nuances of the aviation industry. Passion for connecting online and offline experiences is a must. Should be willing to test the unknown, seek a unique approach, and design the future of transportation with our partners. Enjoys a challenge and has a genuine interest in revolutionizing how customers experience travel.
The ideal candidate is willing to wear many hats and can offer deep knowledge in building new business connections from the ground up. They will have the ability to communicate across levels from specialists to executives and work with a team ranging in skillsets and seniority.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Operate as a proven but humble business development lead helping develop the strategy and shape the prioritization of efforts.
- Lead deal development including prospecting, negotiating, and project development with current or new providers.
- Develop a keen understanding of the competitive landscape and act as a subject matter expert for transportation
- Use data to identify, evaluate, and manage strategic business opportunities that have the highest potential for great transformative transportation experiences.
- Ongoing reporting of business performance and team progress on initiatives.
- Co-develop a strategy with each partner supplier and stay aligned on goals, initiatives and targets to strengthen our external relationships.
- Identify, creatively structure, negotiate and execute on complex strategic partnerships and negotiations, simultaneously driving multiple opportunities.
- 12+ years experience in an analytical roles at an ecommerce or technology companies.
- 8+ years of experience leading and owning key relationships in a corporate or business development organization.
- Proven track record of executing on key strategic partnerships that have material impact on the business.
- Expert in storytelling and upholding the core values of the Airbnb brand.
- Experience with transportation (airlines, rail, car rentals) preferred.
- Direct experience building partnerships from inception through to completed deals.
- Able to maintain business partnerships and continue to evolve engagements as we learn and grow.
- Ability to develop a strategy, communicate it clearly and get buy-in and support to execute.
- Ability to work within a matrix, solve problems and influence cross-functional teams.
- Ability to communicate in a clear and effective manner with external and internal stakeholders at all levels including c-suite.
- Excellent analytical skills. Can present clear and rational connections between Airbnb and our partners.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced startup environment.
- Comfortable with pressure, fast-pace, ambiguity and takes initiative.
- Passion for Airbnb, travel and building community centric products.
Manager Digital Creative Advertising
Closing 12 July 2019
- 21st Century Fox
- Los Angeles
Senior Graphic Designer, Print (Ready To Wear)
Closing 12 July 2019
- New York
Want more Business Development Lead - Transportation jobs?
Want to find more Digital Illustrator jobs, Development Manager jobs, Data/Traffic Analyst jobs, Business Development Executive jobs, Business Development Manager jobs, New Business Executive jobs, New Business Manager jobs, Transport Coordinator/Manager jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.