Beauty Editor - Dazed Media
Dazed Media has a unique opportunity for a talented commissioning editor with a proven experience in beauty and fashion editorial to lead the team within dazeddigital.com.
Reporting to the Editorial Director and the Creative Director, the successful candidate will have at least 3 years of relevant experience at a similar level and a proven track record of managing online content and successfully commissioning and editing a website with similar quality, reach and editorial standard.
The successful candidate will have demonstrable knowledge of digital publishing and the ability to generate unique site aligned editorial ideas on a daily basis. Ideally you will have strong editorial and PR relationships within the fashion and beauty industry, with a particular interest or experience in beauty. You will be comfortable in a fast-moving, highly creative environment balancing competing demands with a cool head and the ability to prioritise effectively to meet deadlines. Excellent communication, organizational and leadership skills are key to success in this role.
Duties, Responsibilities & Deliverables
- Ensuring content quotas are delivered across each content category
- Editorial meetings, daily, weekly.
- Review content performance daily / weekly, using GA, Chartbeat and internal tools
- Commissioning features, communicating with contributors to ensure alignment with Dazed style and tone, editing submitted articles.
- Writing features and interviews.
- Keeping abreast of beauty events of interest to Dazed readers; extensive knowledge of the cultural calendar.
- Ensure all content (site & social) adheres to the Dazed voice and aesthetic, follows the required style guides, production processes and meets editorial standards.
- Develop a world class contributor network of writers, photographers and video talent
- Oversee the assignment of the editorial budget and control the budget effectively, communicating with finance and contributors
- Work with the digital, social and marketing teams on audience development (site and social)
- Work with the digital, social & editorial team to develop innovative and evolving content formats
- Maintaining relationships with PRs across the beauty industry but also in the fashion, art and culture fields
- Act as an ambassador for Dazed Media promoting the site to PRs and at industry events or audience facing events, participating and leading live talks
- Collaborate closely with the advertising, agency and project management teams to deliver branded content and advertorials across the site
- Assist with pitching, responding to creative commercial briefs and commissioning branded content features
Desired Skills & Experience
- 3 years experience in a similar role at a similar level preferably working online
- Understanding of digital storytelling, social distribution and analytics
- Confidence to effectively manage relationships with some of the world’s leading creatives including writers, photographers, stylists, designers
- Strong black book of relationships across the industry, particularly with writers and PRs
- Excellent communication, organisational and leadership skills
- Keep abreast of fashion and culture events of interest to Dazed readers; extensive knowledge of the cultural calendar
- Team leader with management experience
- Experience of CMS, social media, analytics and tracking tools
Reporting to: Editorial Director / Creative Director
Location: London WC2. This role is primarily office based requiring occasional national and international travel.
Terms: Full-time, Monday to Friday, 10am – 6.30pm
Closing 21 July 2018
- temp, temp to perm
- £50,000 to 55,000 p/a
Sub Editor (simplified Chinese Language skills)
Closing 28 June 2018
- Creative Recruitment
- £100 to 150 /day
Want more Beauty Editor - Dazed Media jobs?
Want to find more Content Executive jobs, Content Manager jobs, Digital Editor jobs, Deputy Editor jobs, Editor jobs, Editorial Assistant jobs, Features Editor jobs, Head of Content jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.