Back End Web Developer
Square Enix are currently on the lookout for experienced Back end developers that will work on our continuous web development. This role is based in our London office and will be part of the Digital Platform team, part of the Online Development department, who are responsible for developing the company’s online presence and tech tools. The ideal candidate will be joining our Digital Platform. This successful candidate will help by developing and maintaining the central Square Enix web services.
- Maintain and expand the Square Enix online tools used to implement direct marketing and analytics activities.
- Maintain the central Square Enix web user database.
- Help develop data processing scripts.
- Participate in the entire application lifecycle, focusing on coding and debugging.
- Write clean code to develop functional web code.
- Troubleshoot and debug applications.
- Collaborate with Front-end developers to integrate user-facing elements with server side logic.
- Experience using GIT version control, Linux, Apache or Nginx.
- Teamwork and communication skills an advantage.
- Configuring and developing eCommerce solutions for numerous clients.
- Providing day to day support on technical issues for client's websites.
- Translating business requirements into robust technical solutions.
- Development and technical maintenance of areas of the Square Enix web presence.
Digital Platform team: Senior Manager – Digital Platform, Senior Software Solutions Manager, Development Manager, Developers, Project Managers, Web Designers.
Online Development: Online Development Director, Senior Manager - Web Development.
IT team: Online Infrastructure Division.
Senior Software Solutions Manager
Knowledge and Experience
- Professional web development experience
- Micro service architectures knowledge
- Computer Science or similar Software Engineering degree.
- Web development experience in a creative industry or in some segment of the video games industry.
Competencies, Skills and Attributes
- Advanced development experience with Go.
- Experience using NoSQL databases (e.g. ElasticSearch, MongoDB).
- Working experience with PHP7 and frameworks (Silex, Symfony2) both server side and CLI.
- Experience with Docker configuration.
- Team player, self-motivating, fast learner.
- Experience developing real-time services.
- Experience with GraphQL.
- Knowledge of other languages (e.g. Python, Elixir).
- Experience with TDD/BDD.
- Working experience of CSS preprocessors (e.g. SASS) and front-end frameworks (e.g. React, Bootstrap).
- Experience with CI/CD processes.
- Valid passport for travel.
- Keen interest in the gaming sector or fan our Square Enix titles.
Front End Developer
Closing 24 April 2019
- Creative Mettle
- £23,000 to 25,000 p/a
Data Visualisation Designer (12 Month FTC)
Closing 16 May 2019
- Conde Nast
- temp to perm
- £200,000 to 30,000 p/a
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.