Associate Visual Designer: Bloomingdale’s
The Associate Visual Designer (AVD) is an imaginative, fast thinking, conceptual designer with experience in branding and fashion. An AVD at Bloomingdale’s is able to create visual solutions for in-store marketing campaigns and collateral that is provocative and engaging, while staying within the perimeters of the brand. Perform other duties as assigned.
• Assist in Design and development of visual concepts for special projects, in department merchandising concepts and seasonal campaigns.
• Create original designs for in-store, vendor and in department merchandising techniques and maintain design standards throughout all collateral.
• Create comprehensive layouts, renderings and graphics with a keen understanding of color, scale, illustration and in store adaptation.
• Assists Design Director in the process of creating and sourcing visual materials, building campaigns and visual concepts, from start to finish.
• Manage, coordinate and complete purchase order process using the purchasing system for expense purchases of visual collateral purchased for in store presentations.
• Research the latest cutting edge ideas and design, in fashion, materials, typography, illustrators and culture. Present to Design Director and team.
• Attend and contribute to conceptual and planning meetings with Visual Creative Team, Fashion office and Buyers/Merchants.
• Ability to work independently, take ownership of projects and collaborate with internal and external team members. Quality control of design, creation of materials and presentation of ideas.
• Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality.
• MS/BS/BA in Visual Communication and/or Graphic Design.
• 1- 2 years of experience in graphic design and or visual merchandising.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Ability to collaborate with others.
• Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication and division.
• Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision and make sound decisions.
• This position involves regular walking, standing, sitting, hearing, and talking.
• May occasionally involve stooping, kneeling, or crouching.
• May involve close vision, color vision, depth perception, focus adjustment, and viewing computer monitor for extended periods of time.
• Involves manual dexterity for using keyboard, mouse, and other office equipment.
• May involve moving or lifting items under 10 pounds.
• Self-initiated, proactive, organized and able to adapt quickly to changing priorities
• Visual Communication, Graphics, Branding and Fashion knowledge is a must
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
• Exceptional skills, in Cad, In design, Renderings, Photoshop, Illustrator, Mac, PPT, Excel
• Strong knowledge of fashion trends
• Team player and problem solver in a demanding deadline driven environment
• Ability to manage projects and balance competing priorities with the appropriate level of drive and urgency
• Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and company needs
This job description is not all inclusive. Macy’s Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy's Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.
Digital Production Designer: Bloomingdale’s
Closing 5 March 2019
- New York
EMAIL DEVELOPER & PRODUCTION SPECIALIST - NASTY GAL
Closing 6 March 2019
Want more Associate Visual Designer: Bloomingdale’s jobs?
Want to find more Branding Designer jobs, Graphic Designer jobs, Retail Designer jobs, Digital Designer jobs, Motion Graphics Designer jobs, Sound Designer jobs, Packaging Designer jobs, POS Designer jobs, Print Designer jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.